PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watcher friendly recipes?

hollybloom24
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I started Weight Watchers online last week.

Does anyone have any good recipes to share?

Thanks!

StantonHyde
11-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Buy their cookbooks. I cook everything out of them and love them!!! They are truly an investment.

DietCokeLover
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I started WW 4 weeks ago. Here is a great resource site for you - http://www.dwlz.com/ It has recipes as well as point values for foods in restaurants.

Congrats to you for getting started!

octmom
11-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I started WW in May and made Lifetime Member (goal maintained for 6 weeks) about 6 weeks ago. :) Check out hungrygirl.com. IMO, she uses a few too many processed foods, but I have gotten some good ideas from her too. One of my favorite treats that both Hungry Girl and dwlz.com promote are Vitatops. They are found near the frozen waffles at my grocery store, but lots more flavors are available online: vitalicious.com

ETA: Vitatops are only 1 point on WW because they are packed with fiber. They're also not filled with junky chemicals. :)

Good luck!

clc053103
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
COngratulations on joining!! I am a lifetime member that just went back as I sorta fell off the wagon...

Cooking Light is a nice magazine for recipes- It was $5 for 1 year on Amazon.com a few days ago, not sure if it still is now but that was a great deal. I have also picked up WW cookbooks at BJ's for a good price.

karenj2
11-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I was on WW before getting PG, and lost 30 pounds to get to Lifetime (but then gained back 15 as I was going through the fertility treatments). It's a great program! I will be back on it if I don't lose the weight after "Nemo" is born.

As for recipes - I second getting the books. I have a great turkey chili recipe that I've tweaked just a bit from their cookbook, that's VERY yummie. Otherwise, I just go to www.recipezaar.com and do a search for Weight Watchers. (There's a Chicken Bruchetta Bake that I got on there, and something else that I love)

Good luck!

teedeedee
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I really like WW magazine and I also get the special magazines they put out every 3-6 months. I use them all the time- even DH likes the food.

Try the Roasted Pork Tenderloin recipe from the Online WW site. It is really good and is a nice break from eating chicken all the time.

Good luck!

hollybloom24
11-13-2009, 08:24 AM
These are great ideas - THANKS!

And thanks for the support. I've done WW online before and lost 40 pounds. Once I get into it, I do well, but the first few weeks are the toughest for me. Especially because non of my friends are currently on WW.

THANK YOU!!!