PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed! Wound on breast

Aishe
11-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Warning: this is a little gross. I can't tell if this is a result of a plugged duct/bleb or because my ds scratched my breast the other day, but as of yesterday the side of my nipple is red and a little swollen and there is a small wound, like a little crater, which now has a little green stuff coming out of it. I'm assuming it's infected. Is it safe to nurse ds? Can I put anything on it, as long as I wipe the nipple before nursing him? (I am allergic to neosporin, but I have a prescription ointment called Bactroban.) Do I need to see a doctor or can I give it a day? I have a call in to the ped, but the breast is starting to really fill up so some immediate advice would be much appreciated.

alexsmommy
11-12-2009, 07:18 PM
If it were me I'd pump and dump until I could speak to a physician. It's probably superficial and fine to nurse, but personally I'd want to be sure.

Aishe
11-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Well, in case anyone ever finds themselves in this position (although I hope not, because it HURTS), the ped says it's fine to apply neosporin or bactroban as long as I wipe it off before nursing. If it's not improving by tomorrow I guess I'll try to get in to see my own doctor.

TonFirst
11-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh, good luck. I'm guessing you're not all clogged up, which is good. I empathize with you on the pain. I suffered from six months of blebs and clogged pores with my daughter and it was god-awful.