PDA

View Full Version : How long till big teeth come in after losing baby teeth?

SnuggleBuggles
11-12-2009, 11:22 PM
My ds1 lost his front teeth more than 2-3 months ago and I see no signs of the new ones coming in. Is that normal? The permanent bottom tooth came in pretty quickly.

He's starting to look pretty ridiculous with no front teeth. :p

Beth

crl
11-12-2009, 11:35 PM
I think it varies a lot. We could see DS' big tooth coming in on top as soon as he lost the baby tooth. The two bottom front ones were coming in behind the baby teeth before he even lost them.

Catherine

sarahsthreads
11-12-2009, 11:53 PM
No idea, but you should at least video tape him singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" :)

I'm pretty sure neither of my DDs will ever actually even lose their baby teeth, because they were/are so late and slow coming in. (DD2 has been stuck with 6.5 teeth for almost a month now!)

Sarah :)

wendmatt
11-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Really depends on the child. DD hasn't lost her top teeth yet. There was one 1st grader last year that had the whole top missing all year, they finally came in around may, she looked like a little old lady who needed false teeth, bless her! Some teeth are there and waiting when one comes out, some take a few months, some longer. That's what I noticed in 1st grade when working there, So no help at all!

SammyeGail
11-13-2009, 02:51 PM
No idea, but you should at least video tape him singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" :)

Sarah :)

:hysterical:
Please don't do that to him!

I knocked my 2 front teeth out when I was 4. I thought I could peddle fast and zoom my tricycle off the end of the front porch. Didn't work, I went straight down. Onto the old style water spicket (that you attach your hose to) that stuck up out of the ground, face/teeth first. It was my grandfathers piece of land, my Dad was building our house and we were staying in the house my Dad grew up in at the time.

So every year for several years I got teased by all my other siblings to sing that song and some kids at school wanting to know if I was going to get my front teeth for Christmas :ROTFLMAO:.

Its funny looking back on it now, I was a try anything stunt little girl! I would love to have myself on video crashing off of that porch than singing at Christmas, ROFL.

I hope your DS's teeth come in soon! Mine sure took their sweet time, I think I was in 3rd grade, or the summer before!

kedss
11-13-2009, 02:54 PM
It took a while, like months for DS's top front teeth to come in, they are big suckers.

egoldber
11-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh yes, it can take months.

babybunny
11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I lost my two front teeth in a fall when I was about two or three. I still remember some old man teasing me with that song - All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth . Ugh.

My DS fell at 15 months and chipped both front teeth. They eventually turned slightly gray. About 2.5 years later, he had an infection in his gums from it and they had to be pulled. That was about a year ago. His teacher teased him with that song, but he didn't seem to mind. There was girl who was two years older around and she had front teeth missing - so he felt like a big kid. Now he tells me he can't say the word "Three" correctly because he doesn't have his front teeth. The dentist told me it is not unusual for kids tolose their teeth naturally take a year to have them come in.

SnuggleBuggles
11-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Ok, I'm glad to know it can be a while! He doesn't go for his next dental check up till Jan. (I just tried to schedule it sooner and they adhere very strictly to the 6 month mark) and I couldn't wait till then to know!

Still debating the "All I want for Christmas..." :)

Beth

Melbel
11-13-2009, 04:10 PM
It can vary significantly even for the same child. Sometimes, DS and DD1's teeth came in right away, other teeth literally took YEARS to come in.

SammyeGail
11-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Ok, I'm glad to know it can be a while! He doesn't go for his next dental check up till Jan. (I just tried to schedule it sooner and they adhere very strictly to the 6 month mark) and I couldn't wait till then to know!

Still debating the "All I want for Christmas..." :)

Beth

Well, this is the only year he'll be able too.....if he thinks it will be funny I have to retract my 'Please don't do it to him' LOL!!