PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for baby shower hostess

noradc
11-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have three close friends throwing me my first baby shower and I'd really like to get each one of them a thank you gift.

I've browsed online and some gift ideas appealed to me

- something general and everyone would get the same thing e.g. manicure/pedicure gift certificate
- something more personalized for each individual e.g. Julie Child cook book for one, GPS accessory for the other.... etc My only concern with this is that, while its personalized, it's more time consuming and what if they dont like their gift and wish they had gotten the other's instead

Which of the two do you think is a better idea?

Also, what is an acceptable amount to spend?

I'm also open for other suggestions!

misshollygolightly
11-13-2009, 08:03 PM
IMO, I'd get them all the same thing. Hostess gifts aren't really like birthday gifts or Christmas gifts where you try to choose a present to fit the personality. I think of them more as just little ways to show your appreciation. And, as you point out, you'd have to make sure each gift cost the same, was comparable in size/value, etc. I don't think people spend more than about $10 on hostess gifts--I usually aim for less than that myself. I think your manicure gift cert. sounds great. Some other appropriate ideas for the occasion:
-a nice scented candle in a holder
-relaxing bath stuff
-nice guest soaps or decorative guest towels
-small box of nice chocolates
-picture frame (preferably with a picture of you and each of the hostesses--maybe ask someone to take the pics at the party and then print them and give them to the hostesses later to put in their frames)
-gourmet coffee beans or tea

a2mom
02-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I agree that it's fine to make it easier on yourself and give everyone the same thing. I ended up doing something different for all our hostesses (we had multiple showers). For one person I gave a couple of Bath & Body Works anti-bac soaps, for another a gift card to Starbucks, and another was a CD of her favorite artist. Personally, I'm always up for gift cards for places like coffee shops or restaurants because these days, people may not have a lot of extra cash for treats like that and gift cards make it possible.