PDA

View Full Version : Creative Playthings

tinkers25
11-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Has anyone had any recent experience with a Creative Playthings play set? I saw some past reviews, which were mixed, but none of the ones I found were recent. We liked the size of the CP playsets and they have a lifetime warranty, but the reviews were not encouraging. We are also considering Cedarworks and Rainbow, but their options for smaller playsets are limited and significantly more expensive.

Thanks!

mariza
11-13-2009, 08:22 PM
We have one that we got almost 2 years ago. I sat unprotected during the our last snowy New England Winter and I'm really happy with the way it's holding up. I think our model is called the Durango, but will have to try to find the paperwork to be sure. Let me know if you have specific questions.

tinkers25
11-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks! Did you find recent reviews of CP before you decided on your set?Most of the negative comments seemed fairly minor, rust on the swing chains, but a couple mentioned the wood splintering. I'm not as concerned about replacing the swing chains and seats as problems with the main structure.

Thanks again!

mariza
11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I didn't read reviews prior to my purchase (go figure, I read reviews before buying anything normally!) but did research different types of sets. But we have not noticed anything like the problems you've mentioned. I think with any set you will have splintering to some extent. I remember reading that redwood is the most durable and cedar the 2nd best. Redwood is quite expensive so we opted for the cedar.