PDA

View Full Version : Another Calin clothing thread

DrSally
11-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Now that I ordered my Calin, looking for "knock off" Calin clothes. I looked at the past threads and am looking for additional ideas. Do I need to look for 12 or 14 inch clothes (Calin is 12 inches)?

I found this at TRU and wonder if these TRU clothes will fit her (I would look at the store for this brand)?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3023938&CAWELAID=154340333

jent
11-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Oooh, thanks for starting this thread, I've been thinking of getting our Calin some outfits for Xmas too...
:popc1:

bubbaray
11-14-2009, 04:47 PM
You need to look for 12" clothing.

katydid1971
11-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Now that I ordered my Calin, looking for "knock off" Calin clothes. I looked at the past threads and am looking for additional ideas. Do I need to look for 12 or 14 inch clothes (Calin is 12 inches)?

I found this at TRU and wonder if these TRU clothes will fit her (I would look at the store for this brand)?
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3023938&CAWELAID=154340333

Has anyone seen these in the TRU store? I was just in there yesterday and saw baby alive clothes and wondered if they might fit the corelle doll.

FWIW I have already posted this a couple times but I got two outfits packaged together at walmart for $5 no brand on them, in the doll section on a high shelf in my walmart. They are very cute on the doll and fit well.

DrSally
11-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Has anyone seen these in the TRU store? I was just in there yesterday and saw baby alive clothes and wondered if they might fit the corelle doll.

FWIW I have already posted this a couple times but I got two outfits packaged together at walmart for $5 no brand on them, in the doll section on a high shelf in my walmart. They are very cute on the doll and fit well.

I haven't seen them, I don't get to TRU often, but they look like they might fit. I missed your post about the clothes at Walmart. I'll have to check next time I'm there!

Melaine
11-14-2009, 11:04 PM
I did see these in store. I ended up not getting them because they looked kind of cheap IRL, and I figured the ones from the Dollar Tree were almost as nice for less money. I do think they would fit though.

DrSally
11-14-2009, 11:19 PM
I did see these in store. I ended up not getting them because they looked kind of cheap IRL, and I figured the ones from the Dollar Tree were almost as nice for less money. I do think they would fit though.

Too bad. Thanks for the review. I'm going to have to see if there's a Dollar Tree around here.

kayte
11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I found these at Magic Cabin --THe small set fits dolls 11" - 14"

"The sweet pressboard case from the Czech Republic has a metal handle and latch, and holds ten assorted pieces from dresses and pants, to undergarments and costumes, to jammies and accessories (contents will vary), all natural fabrics, all at a super savings! Clothing is made in the USA, Germany and China."

http://tinyurl.com/ykkzet6

bluestar2
11-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes, 12 in doll clothes.

katydid1971
11-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Too bad. Thanks for the review. I'm going to have to see if there's a Dollar Tree around here.

Sally,
I bought a couple of the dollar tree outfits and ended up throwing them away. They are very hard to put on and take off and DD loves taking off the clothes and tries to put them back on.

DrSally
11-15-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the reviews. Really, at this point, the clothes are just for *me*, as I'm sure DD won't be into different outfits until she gets much older.

Seitvonzu
11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
urgh-- i'm not a help, i'm a sucker for nice doll clothes, and we have SEVERAL corolle outfits in both 12" and 14" size. i will buy if it's "different" (so for example we have a more gender neutral set with a teddy and cords, just because it didn't look like a dress and wasn't pink), cost be darned! (well, within reason)

i think the suitcase of outfits is a nice option. those looked really cute to me :) i'm going to bookmark that page! thanks kayte!

one caution-- if ordering corolle clothes, be carefull to order BABY clothes and not toddler-- because they aren't interchangable (even if you get toddler 12" it might not fit the baby...slimmer styles or something) there are TONS of toddler outfits, so you might be tempted and the disappointed.

for what it's worth, my 22 month old DOES like to change the babies clothes. she likes to take off her cribbaby's clothes every morning. it's something that keeps her occupied for the 15 minutes before i come get her (she's an early riser) she'll try to put the clothes on too, but is less successful at that. she's been doing both (putting on and taking off) for a while now. she wasn't into babies until i gave her extra outfits. but then, she's sorta into clothes ;) yes, at 22 months...save me! :)

DrSally
11-15-2009, 02:58 PM
one caution-- if ordering corolle clothes, be carefull to order BABY clothes and not toddler-- because they aren't interchangable (even if you get toddler 12" it might not fit the baby...slimmer styles or something) there are TONS of toddler outfits, so you might be tempted and the disappointed.

Good to know! Thank you. There have been a lot of craft shows around here, and I've found some cute crochetted hats for DD for muuuch less than Etsy. That would be great if they had doll clothes! Great idea about the garage sales/thrift stores. I guess I just have to look for 12" clothes. Also, I love the idea of storing them in a little suitcase.

kayte
11-15-2009, 03:36 PM
They are very hard to put on and take off and DD loves taking off the clothes and tries to put them back on.

This is why I have been willing to shell out $18+ an outfit for the Corolle clothes --they have elastic and velcro in the right places to make the clothes easy to take off and put back on.