PDA

View Full Version : s/o of the baby doll thread: what age did your DC become interested in dolls?

happymom
11-14-2009, 10:15 PM
DD is 11 months old. After reading the thread about the corrolle dolls, I am tempted to order one the dolls that Dr. Sally posted from amazon. Is it too early or do you think DD would enjoy it?

Karenn
11-14-2009, 11:06 PM
DD got her Corolle Calin for her first birthday and loved it from day one. She's kind of a baby doll fanatic though. I've met very few kids whole like to play babies as much as she does.

ellies mom
11-14-2009, 11:22 PM
My oldest never really got into dolls. We bought the Calin for her and I made her a Waldorf doll. They never really got played with. When the youngest came along it was obvious she was a doll kid before she was a year old. We got her the Baby Stella when she turned one in hopes of distracting her from slobbering all over Calin. She eventually took over both the Calin and Waldorf doll and the oldest doesn't mind in the least.

mommyp
11-15-2009, 01:18 AM
We got DD her Corolle Calin for her first birthday and she liked it as soon as it came out of the box. That was her first doll (and currently the only one), but she was into her stuffed animals before that. She wanted baby to sleep with her pretty soon after getting her and now she sleeps with her Calin every night and plays with her a lot too.

Snow mom
11-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I shouldn't have read this thread. I kept telling myself DD was too young for a Calin.

egoldber
11-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Sarah did not really get into them until she was around 4.

Amy has always loved dolls and has played with Sarah's older ones more than she ever did!

bluestar2
11-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I think it is pretty individual. Maybe get her one and she how it goes?

brittone2
11-15-2009, 01:32 PM
By 1. I remember that right around her 1st bday we picked up a doll at a local store to donate to Toys for Tots and DD was trying to attack the packaging with kisses and love :ROTFLMAO:. That was my first clue.

By 18-24 months she developed baby fever. She still plays with her dolls a lot at almost 3.

I always had dolls available for DS but he was never all that into them. He was a stuffed animal kinda guy ;)

katydid1971
11-15-2009, 02:08 PM
DD got two dolls at her first birthday and has been a super mommy since day one ;) DS was given tons of stuffed animals but the only thing he's ever done with them is throw them around. DD loves the stuffed animals too. DD's two favorite things are "babies" and books.

MommyAllison
11-15-2009, 04:21 PM
DD has loved them since she got her Corolle doll at her first birthday. Still completely obsessed with them at 4. DS has been playing with her dolls since around his birthday too.

bubbaray
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Birth? I can't really remember a time when they weren't interested in dolls.

DrSally
11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
DD had a soft doll when she was an infant and didn't show that much interest, but around a year, she started hugging her stuffed animals. She's 16 months now. I picked up one of the Circo mini dolls at Target today while we wait for her Calin and she lit up. I also knew it was close to the right time for her b/c she lights up when I show her dolls at the store.

ETA: There are a couple other Calin's on sale at Amazon in addition to the ones I posted. So, do a search on Corolle Calin and then you can see which ones are on sale. I would go over to that www.liveandlearn.com and take a close look at the faces.

Allisonsmommy
11-16-2009, 01:33 AM
my daughter got a calin doll for xmas last year when she just just over 1 year. She didn't play with it at all until she was about 18 months old. Now, at 26 months she plays with her doll every single day.

elektra
11-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I was so interested to read the responses here because my 2.5 year old has never been into dolls. Her uncle gave her a baby doll for her 1st birthday and sometimes she stuffs it under the seat of her ride-on bus, or maybe drags it around for a few minutes, but she is just not interested beyond that. I was the same way though. I much preferred to play with my brothers toys that actually "did" stuff (ex. transformers) than with most baby dolls (exception: Cabbage Patch Kids)
She is also not into princess stuff either. Maybe the two go together?
I researched the Corrolle dolls and really wanted to get her one but I am glad I ended up not, since she never got into the doll she already has.

fivi2
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
My girls are almost 4 and really not interested in dolls. They love doll paraphenalia (strollers, cradles, etc), and stuffed animals, and real babies, but never shown much interest in dolls. And we have quite a few (gifts).

Melaine
11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
They didn't show much interest until somewhere around 18M or later. Still dolls are not their favorite favorite toys, but get a lot of use. The doll stroller, on the other hand, is probably in the top 3 toys they've ever had. They LOVE those things, with dolls in them or not.

happymom
11-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks for all your replies- it seems to be a mix. I have a feeling DD isnt ready for it yet- she is not at all interested in the stuffed animals we have around, if thats any indication. I think I'm going to try it out by a friends house- if she seems interested in the doll, then I'll get it for her. I highly doubt she'll have a clue what to do with it though. I guess we'll find out! Thanks for all your input!

stillplayswithbarbies
11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
We got her first doll when she was less than 9 months old. It was one of the 8" dolls from Target, the same size as the Corolle minis. She carried it around and hugged it.

Second doll was a Corolle Tidoo at age 9 months. It became her constant companion. More dolls at 12 months. And it went on from there.

She has played with dolls all her life. Still does at age 6.5. It dropped off some when we brought home her new baby sister. :) But then it picked back up again when we got baby sister an 8" doll.