PDA

View Full Version : What is so great about the FP Laugh n Learn Home?

happymom
11-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I have been seeing so many recommendations for the FP Laugh n Learn that I've already asked my mother to buy it for DD for Hanukah. Now I'm just wondering, why is this such a fabulous toy? What do your kids love about it so much? Thanks :)

Neatfreak
11-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I think that it's a great toy b/c of the longevity (similarly, I don't think it's great as it's a large piece of plastic that makes noise). We've had ours for four years.

My toddler seems to like the motor skills things - opening the door/window, shape sorting, pressing buttons. My five year-old likes it for imaginative play.

happymom
11-15-2009, 02:03 AM
(similarly, I don't think it's great as it's a large piece of plastic that makes noise).

This is exactly my concern.

Nechums
11-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Many people here seem to be anti-plastic toys. And I generally stay away from them as well, but this is great prodcut that I'm sure your DD will love (as long as you have room for it in your house). DS has been playinig with it everyday since he got it 3 months ago. It's the only toy that actually buys me time when I need a few more minutes in the kkitchen.

KrisM
11-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes, it's a big chunk of plastic. It's been in my living room for nearly 5 years now. It's one of the few toys that has gone through all the kids.

They like to stand and turn it from day to night, crawl through the door, open and close the door, open and close the mailbox, open and close the window, push the doorbell, etc. There are just a lot of things on it and they can do more things and they get older. My kids learned their ABCs on it.

mecawa
11-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Yes, it's a big chunk of plastic. It's been in my living room for nearly 5 years now. It's one of the few toys that has gone through all the kids.

They like to stand and turn it from day to night, crawl through the door, open and close the door, open and close the mailbox, open and close the window, push the doorbell, etc. There are just a lot of things on it and they can do more things and they get older. My kids learned their ABCs on it.

:yeahthat:

DD1 got this for her first bday, she played with it everyday until she was three, it went into the basement and has just made it up again for DD2(10 months) to play with. I didn't originally want this toy in my house, my BIL and SIL bought it and at the time I thought I would strangle them :), but it has been one of the best/most used toys in our house along with the wooden blocks, and doll house.

veronica
11-15-2009, 02:17 PM
There are so many uses for this toy beyond the infant basics you can do. DD (almost 4) and DS love to still play with it !

Clarity
11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
We loved our LNL Learning home. Until it broke. After just 2 years the sound no longer works. I'm bit disappointed about that right now as my 13 month old is the perfect age for it.

hillview
11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
We don't like it much. Does not get much play.
/hillary

hellokitty
11-15-2009, 11:36 PM
You know, it's huge and plastic and generally I HATE toys that make noise. However, both of my older kids loved it and played with it for YEARS. I'm glad I kept it for DS3. It's one of those bigger toys that is actually worth it, most of the other bigger plastic toys (ie: little tikes stuff) have been a HUGE disappointment that I got rid of pretty quickly.

Allisonsmommy
11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
my 26 month old played with it from about 9 months until she was 20 months. She has just lost interest in it. I have put it away, but i may get it back out now that i see some kids play with it longer. It would be worth it to see if she would.

endlessheather
11-16-2009, 02:57 PM
We got this for my oldest son when he as about a year and wish we had sooner because my youngest has loved it since he was about 9 months actually! The boys love to play peekaboo with the door, window and mailbox. They both love the music. My oldest is 3 1/2 and we have been building forts around it lately so they use the door to go into the fort..almost creating a mini playhouse. This is one of the most used toys in our house and even older kids love it when they come over.