PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Find an Inside of the House Ride On Toy for Three Year Old

Kindra178
11-15-2009, 11:22 AM
We have two cars that my twins ride on inside the house. My three year fights for time on them. Can anyone recommend an age appropriate ride on toy for a three year old? Safe for floors would be preferable. I am thinking of a scooter but it seems dangerous to have around for the twins.

Melaine
11-15-2009, 11:36 AM
We got the Wheelie bugs and I have to say they have not been as excited about them as I hoped. They are actually getting more use as they get a little older though then they did when I bought them almost a year ago.
I bet people will recommend the Plasma Car for your DC though.

elliput
11-15-2009, 12:05 PM
My first thought was a plasma car.:D

ThreeofUs
11-15-2009, 12:06 PM
I have a few ride-ons (including a kettler trike - but that stays in the basement!) that we use exclusively inside. I've found that heavy ride-ons that the kids have to propel with their feet are the best - hard to get up enough momentum to really hurt anything.

Melbel
11-15-2009, 12:36 PM
My first thought was a plasma car.:D:yeahthat: my thoughts exactly!

pastrygirl
11-15-2009, 12:46 PM
The Plasma car manufacturer site says not recommended for use on hardwood or laminate... what else would you use it on? Carpet? For those of you that have it, does/did it mess up your hardwood floors?

okinawama
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
I agree on the plasma car! My son is only 8months old, so I get on with him every day and ride it. It is so much fun :)

traciann
11-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Plasma car!

MommyofAmaya
11-15-2009, 02:17 PM
We have both. My kids both love the Wheely bug (we have the small one). I actually got the Plasma car for dd b/c she always wanted to take the Wheely from ds. The Plasma car is much bigger than it looks and isn't great for inside IMO unless you have a huge open area. We bought ours used and the wheels are too rough to use on our hardwoods. If it were an indoor only toy though, that wouldn't be a problem. I vote for the large Wheely bug. It has been very gentle on our floors, doesn't require as much space, and can turn on a dime.