PDA

View Full Version : ISO: best drugstore mascara

swampnurse
11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
You guys helped me find a good eyeliner, so now I need a good mascara that won't cost and arm and a leg at a a department store cosmetics counter!

What is the best on that is sold at CVS, Walgreens, etc?

Thanks!

bubbaray
11-15-2009, 07:12 PM
CoverGirl Lash Blast. Its my all-time fave, even over the expensive brands.

Melaine
11-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Oh thanks. I've been wearing makeup so rarely that I need to pick up a cheaper mascara to replace my old ones.

MamaMolly
11-15-2009, 08:05 PM
I love Maybelline Full and Soft. My mom and sister use it too, and we only recently noticed it in each other's makeup bags. :)

Twoboos
11-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Another vote for Maybelline Full-n-Soft!

vludmilla
11-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybelline Great Lash

DrSally
11-15-2009, 10:19 PM
I think Loreal makes good mascaras (and they own Lancome).

ETA: I wear makeup so infreq these days, that by the time I go back to my makeup bag, the btl of mascara is dried out, so it's kind of a waste to me.

Andi98989
11-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Maybelline Great Lash

:yeahthat:

happymom
11-15-2009, 10:30 PM
I think Loreal makes good mascaras (and they own Lancome).

ETA: I wear makeup so infreq these days, that by the time I go back to my makeup bag, the btl of mascara is dried out, so it's kind of a waste to me.

I used to be the same way, but lately I have been so exhausted and looking so washed-out! So I started putting on mascara every morning. I keep it in the bathroom next to my toothbrush and it takes 30 seconds to put on. I find that it makes me look much more awake than I actually feel! Only mascara though...no time for anything more!!

I'll be watching this thread cuz its time to buy a new tube or two.

bluestar2
11-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Remember to look for coupons and sales in the Sunday papers!

gobadgers
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM
I used to be the same way, but lately I have been so exhausted and looking so washed-out! So I started putting on mascara every morning. I keep it in the bathroom next to my toothbrush and it takes 30 seconds to put on.

This is me too! Except I keep it in the downstairs bathroom, and while DD is climbing into her carseat (which takes forever right now) I'm putting on mascara. And if I feel like going all out, I'll put a little lip gloss on too. Its doubtful that anyone else in the world notices, but I feel a little more 'together' anyway...

ETA: oh yeah, I've been using Max Factor forever. I used to love it back when I was put together every morning, haha. Its kind of hard to even find it anymore. I've been noticing some clumps recently, but I'm pretty sure that's because I've been using it too long.

happymom
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
This is me too! Except I keep it in the downstairs bathroom, and while DD is climbing into her carseat (which takes forever right now) I'm putting on mascara. And if I feel like going all out, I'll put a little lip gloss on too. Its doubtful that anyone else in the world notices, but I feel a little more 'together' anyway...

I would love to wear lipgloss but I find that my hair always gets stuck on it- uch! I can only wear it when my hair is pulled back.

Puddy73
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
CoverGirl Lash Blast. Its my all-time fave, even over the expensive brands.

Ditto. It is very natural looking and not clumpy.

DietCokeLover
11-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I really like L'oreal Voluminous. Remember to look for coupons and sales in the Sunday papers for good sales and coupons! I rarely have to pay full price.

This is the one I like as well.

ohiomom1121
11-15-2009, 11:52 PM
I love Loreal Telescopic in Carbon Black. It reminds me a lot of Lancome Definicils.

srhs
11-16-2009, 12:04 AM
I love Loreal Telescopic in Carbon Black. It reminds me a lot of Lancome Definicils.

Ooooohhh, I love Definicils! Used to get tons of compliments when I wore it. Will have to check this out. Walgreens has a money-back-guarantee on all of their makeup, right?

fauve01
11-16-2009, 01:48 AM
i love Maybelline Volum' Express! been using it for ages and am always disappointed when i branch out and try other kinds (including Lash Blast).

I missed the eyeliner thread--off to search for it!

anne

jerseygirl07067
11-16-2009, 01:57 AM
L'Oreal Lash Out or Voluminous. I recently tried CG Lash Blast after getting suckered by the commercial, lol. It took some getting used to the fat applicator wand. It's not bad, I think I like the L'Oreal mascaras better though. Lash Blast doesn't seem to clump much though, which is nice.

ohiomom1121
11-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Ooooohhh, I love Definicils! Used to get tons of compliments when I wore it. Will have to check this out. Walgreens has a money-back-guarantee on all of their makeup, right?
I think I tried every drug store brand and always went back to Lancome until this one. The wand is really skinny which took getting used to but the look is what reminds me of Definicils, plus it stays on. I tried Lash Blast too but felt like I had to put a ton on to really see it (I have really thin lashes). I got my DF and mom using it too and they love it. Can't lose with the drug store money back thing...I think CVS does that too.

DebbieJ
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Maybelline Great Lash

SammyeGail
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I was at one nieces wedding almost 2 years ago, and my (different one, ha ha) 13 yr old niece eyelashes looked soooo pretty, I asked her what mascara she used. It was Maybelline Define-A-Lash, very easy to put on. I've used it since, no clumping, does make each lash look more defined, longer, I just LOVE it. I don't wear make up often, when I open it its always 'fresh', moist. I love the applicator!

A huge :thumbsup: for Maybelline Define-A-Lash! & I am one picky Mama about mascara!

http://maybelline.com/Product/Eye/Mascara/define-a-lash-lengthening-mascara.htm

catpagmo
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybelline Great Lash

Another vote for Maybelline GL. It's awesome! Doesn't flake or run, and comes off easily with make up remover.

michellerw
11-16-2009, 01:57 PM
L'Oreal Double Extend. It's the one with the little "beauty tubes" that extend your lashes.

Two things that are awesome about it:

1. It makes your lashes look fantastic.
2. You really don't need waterproof. It takes a little more effort than the average regular mascara to come off.

A PP mentioned that L'Oreal is owned by Lancome. This is actually good for a number of reasons. One is that the stuff is so thoroughly tested because the cosmetic company is so big that your average drugstore L'Oreal mascara is safer and better tested than a Christian Dior or whatever from Saks. Just something to think about. (A former coworker who worked for the company in France told me all this once.)

wendibird22
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I recently discovered Cover Girl Professional. I have a horrible time with mascara ending up smudged under my lower lid and I don't even rub my eyes, so not sure the problem. But, CG Professional doesn't do this.