PDA

View Full Version : Target on Black Friday?

dukie41181
11-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Has anyone ever been? We haven't but we are interested in getting a TV this time around. How early do people generally get there? I'm not sure if this is a high demand item (I'd guess so) or how many the store will have. Any tips or advice would be highly appreciated!

alien_host
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
I went last year....I was pretty far back in line and I got there about 20 minutes before they opened (I can't remember if it was 5AM or 6AM).

They had TVs last year and when I left the store an hour later they still had the TVs....but you never know what will be hot.

kellybelly0513
11-16-2009, 09:41 AM
I have been before, never early enough to stand in line, I usually go a few minutes after opening. I have never bought a TV before. I am always impressed with how efficient they are at my Target and you always get through the checkout in a decent amount of time. Not like at TRU where I have waited in a checkout line wrapped around the whole store and it took like 2 hours. :thumbsdown:

littlebethany
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Has anyone ever been? We haven't but we are interested in getting a TV this time around. How early do people generally get there? I'm not sure if this is a high demand item (I'd guess so) or how many the store will have. Any tips or advice would be highly appreciated!

Last year in my area, big screen TV's were hot.. and they sold quick.. So I'm betting it will be a bout the same this year, so I recommend you get their extra earlier.. Maybe bring a tent.. j/k :love-retry:

hellokitty
11-16-2009, 10:22 AM
It's nutso. I went two yrs ago, b/c a friend stayed with us over Thanksgiving and we thought it would be fun (it's an exp she will never forget, she's lived all her life in so cal and had moved to the midwest and it was an extremely cold that Thanksgiving so I made her wear wool socks, gloves, scaves, hats and gave her a big mug of coco and she thought I was crazy, but afterwards said she had never been so cold in her entire life, lol), and neither one of us had been BF shopping before. We waited in line for a long time and were probably in the first 100. What sucks is that ppl cut. There were a bunch of ppl who arrived right before they were going to open the doors and instead of going to the back of the line were milling around the front of the line with full intention to cut in line when the doors opened. Those of us who had all been standing there waiting were getting irritated, since it was plainly obvious what these jerks planned on doing. So we all tried to stay really close to one another when they opened the doors so the cutters couldn't squeeze in, but basically these rude ppl just bust through the line as soon as the doors opened anyway.

You have to RUN or you will literally get trampled. I don't know how ppl can safely bring small children with them to these things. Anyway, don't grab a cart, they strategically leave carts throughout the entire store so there is not a huge traffic jam at the front of the store from ppl grabbing carts. It's just madness. Elec dept is the one that everyone makes a mad dash for, it's like a marathon, but ppl are wearing coats. What's funny is that ppl who brought chairs to sit on just abandoned them outside when they ran in. A friend goes BF shopping every yr and her tactic for Target is she and her sister go and her dad is their cart man. His only job is to get a cart (and yes, it can be hard to get a cart, so a designated, "cart person" is a good idea) and she and her sister just run and get whatever it is that they were looking for. I think her tactic is smart. We were out of the store pretty quickly, b/c they had every cashier line open. Would I do it again? No, but I would go if I had some friends/family with me, b/c it is kind of fun to do it with someone else. What sucks is the rude ppl really. Everyone else is usually in a pretty jovial mood when you are waiting in line.

Be careful going to some BF places. Like before we waited at Target, we were actually waiting in front of circuit city. At circuit city (which is moot now, b/c they no longer exist) they went down the line and asked ppl what they were there for. So, basically the ppl in the front had things reserved under their name before they even opened the doors. When we realized that, we left and went to target instead. At target it was just whoever got their hands on something first, was the one who got it. No reservations, like CC. I am not sure how places like Best Buy and HH Gregg do it, but if you plan to go to places like that, I'd ask other ppl who have been there before what it is like so you don't waste your time standing in line only to find out that they gave it to the first few ppl in line.

TaChapm
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
You also need to really watch your receipts at Target. They have great deals but often times the price will come up wrong in the computer. Be sure to know what you are buying and for how much because every year for the past 10+ years I have had them charge me wrong for at least one item.

mjmamma
11-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I do Target BF at 8pm that night, lol. You miss out on the doorbusters, which are sometimes good but not worth the hassle, imo. By 8pm, the store is empty, clean and stocked! I've gotten everything I ever went in for by doing this.
The Target BF flyer has been leaked. This link had the links mid way down.... http://bfads.net/