PDA

View Full Version : Stab in the dark - Canadian employment info.

MontrealMum
11-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Thought I'd post this here as I'm driving myself nuts trying to find this online. Last year I was researching about sick leave and employment law to try and figure out how much paid leave DH was entitled to since I was full-time. I *thought* I came across a document that said for his size company he got 3 government-guaranteed days. [that's in addition to what the company provides] Of course I didn't save it to my computer :(

I can clearly see a doc that was originally a spreadsheet, turned into a pdf, about 3 pages long. It had each province/territory and information about vacations, sick leave, and maternity and parental leaves for each one. Maybe more columns but I can't remember as I was really only interested in leave time.

Does anyone remember something like this and can you point me to it? I'm figuring it came from a federal site, but now I can only find info. that says that QC workers are not entitled to any paid sick leave at all unless otherwise provided by the employer. Normally I'm very good at finding this sort of thing, but it just seems to have up and disappeared. Many thanks if you can help :)

EllasMum
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Molly,

Generally speaking, employment standards are a provincially mandated situation. I'm not familiar at all with Quebec laws on the matter, but I would recommend checking with the provincial government. Unless your DH works in a federally legislated occupation (transportation etc), that is where you would start. Sorry, I can't be more specific.

Good luck!

ETA: Just found this - not sure if that's what you were looking for, but give it a look:

http://www.cnt.gouv.qc.ca/en/home/index.html

MontrealMum
11-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Susan. That's what I found earlier, but was a bit surprised about since it's different than what I'd found last year (QC was mandating 3 days). I'm just a little shocked that DH has gone from having 3+3 sick days to none, without any head-up at all, so I was trying to figure out if that was really true.