PDA

View Full Version : Jumperoo beyond weight limit?

pastrygirl
11-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Would you use a jumperoo beyond the 25-pound weight limit? My older son hit that weight at around 5 months, and we kept using the exersaucer (which also has a 25-pound limit). But since the jumperoo is supended, would it be dangerous to keep using? (He was 28 pounds at a year old, and we probably stopped using it around then.)

The new baby is gaining weight faster than that... so I don't know if I want to invest in something that we'd only be able to use for a month or two. I'd keep it in the master bath for getting ready in the morning, after he outgrows/starts to tip the bouncy seat.

Are there any baby-containment-units that have a higher weight limit? The PnP won't fit.

SammyeGail
11-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Have you tried him in it yet? Does he bounce alot in it or just alittle? One of my twins was so-so with it, but the other would go crazy in the Jumparoo, lol!

I would take into consideration how much your older DS used it (doesn't sound like much) and how much jumping your youngest DS will be doing in it.

I bought a kit of those ABC' and 123's foam things you can put together and put that under Jonas' Jumparoo because he could move that thing across the room, and he would hit the floor so hard coming back down. I knew that had to be hurting his feet! We were sad when we had to put it away, he out grew it length wise before weight. Well, I actually dont remember to be honest, I know we put it up when he outgrew it length wise, I don't know what his weight was, so I might have been going over and not even know it!

I know he put alot more that 25lbs of *pressure* on his Jumparoo ;), he had so much fun in it I never thought to check the weight.

pastrygirl
11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
He's only 2 months old, so I'm planning for the future. I was thinking about getting one for Christmas -- by then he'll be 4 months old.

SammyeGail
11-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, I think the main thing you have to take into consideration is that after 25lbs+ it will pull the springs down more, making the seat closer to the ground/floor. At first he won't be that 'tall', so this might not be an issue. Then again I don't know how tall/long he is.

I know at 9 months Jonas was in the 75th percentile. We put up the jumparoo at around 14 months and we had been pushing it by then.

I think getting up to 12 months use out of it is not bad at all. I myself don't really know what to tell you, I hope this bumps it up and you get some other replies!

pastrygirl
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
I think I'm leaning towards an exersaucer instead. If the thing breaks, at least it's a smaller drop to the floor. That's really what I'm concerned about with the jumperoo -- that it'll break above 25 pounds...