PDA

View Full Version : Quest/Triumph vs swift

nerlmag
11-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I need a stroller by next Tuesday and want a deal. I'm contemplating the three listed, but am not sold on any. Recline a must and compact fold needed. Although I do have some money at BRU I hate to overspend. Any good deals on these out there with quick shipping?

Thanks

strollerqueen
11-16-2009, 03:47 PM
If you want a decent recline, then knock out the Triumph. So then you are looking at Trip vs. Quest. Trip has bigger wheels and taller handle and weighs 1.5 pounds more, off the top of my head.

nerlmag
11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Pros and cons to ordering off of ebay??

aac
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
My vote would be for the Swift - I love it. Very easy to use, reclines well enough, sun shade is decent for umbrella type stroller, but we bought an additional sunshade for $15. The stroller has been everywhere with us and we've had no problems with it (we travel a lot). And it doesn't have the hefty price tag of the Maclaren's. Plus the basket underneath holds a good amount. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

chozen
11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
while you are walking? i have heard that for some that is a problem with ingelsina. we tried out one at buy buy baby one time cant remember if it was the swift our trip, i did kick the back wheels. so if you can try one out before hand.:)

aac
11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
I have not had any issues with the handle bars of the Swift, but I am short (5'3''). My husband actually likes it as well and he is 6'. He hasn't had any problems with kicking the wheels either. He was happy when we got the Swift (of course we were throwing away our $15 umbrella stroller purchase from Target and the height was his main pet peeve), so the comparison was a no brainer. But of the umbrella stroller types I believe the Inglesina and the Macs were the ones with the higher handlebars as opposed to the Chicos and others that we tested in the store. Of course, it was over a year ago, though.

strollerqueen
11-18-2009, 04:58 AM
while you are walking? i have heard that for some that is a problem with ingelsina. we tried out one at buy buy baby one time cant remember if it was the swift our trip, i did kick the back wheels. so if you can try one out before hand.:)

Could it have been the Zippy? That has been a known concern with that model.

AnnieW625
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
We have the Triumph and love it a lot. Our DD wasn't much of a stroller sleeper when she was a baby plus since she was in daycare full time we were fine with the one position recline of the Triumph because it was just for the drs., and errands so she was most likely asleep. Now as a 3/1/2 yr. old she'll sleep in the Triumph with recline and is fine (this is usually at Disneyland or a very rare extended trip to the mall). Now if I were to do it all over again I'd most likely get the Techno XT because it does everything including the full recline, but back then I had no idea how much we'd actually use the stroller so I went the cheaper route. Now if I had to pick one of the three I'd most likely go with the Quest only because I have never played with a Trip or a Swift and BRUS in my area doesn't care Inglesina.

ETA: I bought my Triumph off Ebay and I have no regrets at all. It didn't even occur to me that I probably wouldn't be able to use the warranty on it at the time, but I have never once had an issue with the stroller. It's been a great dependable stroller for the 3+ years we've had it:)