PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Shake and Go Extreme Raceway?

Tondi G
11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
My 4 year old wants this for christmas. Just wondering if anyone has it or has seen it in action and if it is worth buying?

thanks

Karenn
11-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Our friends have it and all the kids fight over who gets to play with it when we all get together. I guess that means it's worth it?

kristac
11-17-2009, 08:42 AM
We don't have it (yet). Reviews I've seen have been positive for the most part- it is easier to put together/ stays together better then previous models. What is holding me back is that it appears to not be compatable with other shake and go cars and the ones it comes with are rechargeable only so when they die you have to wait XX amount of time to play again (and it only has 1 charger)- maybe not as big a deal for a only child but I can see this causing lots of tears/ fights for siblings.

hellokitty
11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't get it. We didn't have the track, but had a shake n go car that my brother and sil gave my kids (boy do they have a knack for giving us annoying toys, now that they have their own kid, maybe we will return the favor). I'm sure the track is great, BUT the cars are obnoxious! They are loud and unless you like hearing them crash into your molding/wall/furniture all day long, I would not recommend the shake and go cars. We donated ours to goodwill after they played with it for a little while and they haven't noticed that it's missing.