PDA

View Full Version : Another Christmas picture question

MoJo
11-17-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm taking DD to Sears tomorrow for her first ever professional Christmas pictures. (I didn't know that that was what people did, until I took her last November for regular pics and we were the only ones there not dressed in our holiday best).

DD has a classic red dress with white lace. I want advice on the background. This is the first time they've encouraged me to look at them in advance and pick two:
http://www.searsportrait.com/cpi/en-US/Backgrounds+and+Props/backgrounds/

It will probably just be her this time, because this pregnancy is making me bloated, puffy, oily, and with more acne than I've had since I was a teenager; none of my regular clothes fit, and my pregnancy clothes don't yet hang right. (Sorry, DH & Mom, I know you like pictures of me and the kid. Maybe we'll do that again for DD's 2nd birthday, when it will at least be quite obvious WHY I'm this way. DH, please remember that these physical appearance issues are temporary!)

None of these backdrops stands out as perfect to me for a red and white outfit. But since dress option #2 and #3 and #4 are all red and white too, what do you think will look the best?

Also, they said we could bring in props. The only time I ever did that was for my senior pictures a long time ago. Any thoughts on what that could/should be?

klwa
11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
I like the golden flakes, the silver sparkle, or the white canopy with the red & white outfit. As for props maybe her stocking to hold onto?

AshleyAnn
11-17-2009, 08:05 AM
I like 4 and 5 if you want a Christmas look. If you look at the "props" portion of the options section I really like the window seat. Very nice - simple without being boring.

I think the idea behind bringing your own props is if there is something special you want to have remembered. Like if you buy a yearly Christmas ornament for her you could have her photographed holding the one representing this year. Or photograph her with a her stocking or a holiday bear.

kedss
11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd probably go with either the Christmas tree or the silver snowflake background. If you go with the Christmas tree, I don't think you need a prop, but if you use the snowflake, maybe a favorite teddy bear?

mamicka
11-17-2009, 10:19 AM
I like the golden flakes, the silver sparkle, or the white canopy with the red & white outfit.
:yeahthat: