PDA

View Full Version : Hair product for "crazy hair day"?

deborah_r
11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I am wondering what kind of product is safe for hair that I can use to make DS1's hair "crazy" for crazy hair day? I've seen people do it at Halloween and stuff but I am not sure what kind of stuff is safe to use. Last year I just did hair gel, but it didn't hold long, and it wasn't very dramatic. I wouldn't be opposed to a different color too (as long as it washes out same day!)

lmintzer
11-17-2009, 12:38 PM
We used colored hairspray for Crazy Hair Day. It washed right out--no problem.

Wife_and_mommy
11-17-2009, 01:03 PM
We used colored hairspray for Crazy Hair Day. It washed right out--no problem.

:yeahthat: That's what DD's classmates did.

Melaine
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Shoot. I was hoping this was a thread about de-crazying hair. I was going to say, "Sign us up right now!":ROTFLMAO:

Naranjadia
11-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Shoot. I was hoping this was a thread about de-crazying hair. I was going to say, "Sign us up right now!":ROTFLMAO:

Ha! Me too. But my first instinct, being a teacher of college students, is to say the answer is a "a hat." Preferably, a baseball hat...

Naranjadia
11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
You could go the punk route and use egg whites, vaseline, or, if you want to be more hair-oriented, pomade.

SnuggleBuggles
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I do mousse and a hairdryer to create a messy look or a pseudo-mohawk.

Beth

deborah_r
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
OK, where do I buy colored hair spray? I'm thinking I should have bought this stuff two weeks ago when there was Halloween stuff everywhere!

Thatchermom
11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
We have two annual crazy hair days for two different activities, lots of experience here. Walgreens in our area carries colored hair spray year round, in with the hair color products. It is more expensive than the Halloween versions, but has better color IMO. There is also a product from Got2B called spiking glue - it will do anything you want and dry hard. For all I know it's Elmer's in a hair bottle, it really works like that. Both things wash out same day, though they take a bit more work to wash than a regular bath! DS LOVES having his hair done like that!

mjmamma
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
How about 5 or 6 wacky braids?

deborah_r
11-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the tips! Susan, I didn't see your post before I went to Walgreen's, but I bought exactly those products! Spiking Glue and blue hair spray. He looked very cool this morning and was excited! He said he looked like Sonic the Hedgehog. All the kids swarmed around him to check out his hair when we got there!

I would post a pic but I can't get them from my camera to the computer here at work.

kransden
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
A plastic water bottle inside of a bun. It looked very Who-ish.
I have also seen pipe cleaners woven in braids.