PDA

View Full Version : Show and Tell: The letter J

secchick
11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
So, DD has to bring something for show and tell to her Pre-K class. The program is pretty structured and they are going through the alphabet. She has top bring something in a ziplock bag (size constraint) that starts with the letter J. I am at a loss. I can think of things, but nothing we have on hand that is that size, and I refuse to buy something for S&T purposes.

Any ideas?

schums
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Jelly? Either the little packets from the restaurant or put a blob or two from the jar in there. Just make sure the ziplock is tightly closed! :-)

A pair of jeans? Will a pair of her jeans roll up small enough to fit in the bag? Can't remember if there are younger sibs, see if their's will work.

Any chance you have left over jelly beans from Easter? I'm sure we do here. Toss a few of those in a bag.

I'll post more later if I think of any . . .

pb&j
11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Does she have any toy jewelry?

A juice box?

zoestargrove
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
jacks or is it jax

jigsaw puzzle piece

mommylamb
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
How about jacks (the game)?

zoestargrove
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
here are some more.

any matchbox type cars?? a jeep or jaguar

baby jaguar (diego)

small toy jet

small jar

jewel

jingle bells

write out a joke and stick it in the bag

jalopeno pepper

spunkybaby
11-17-2009, 12:39 PM
A jar?
A small jump rope?
A jingle bell?
A jug?
A small jack-in-the-box?

I think the PPs have some great suggestions! Good luck finding something in your house. We had X and Z last year...I ended up buying xylitol gum and zebra stickers (DD1 needed to bring 12 of the item to give to her classmates--ugh!)

hillview
11-17-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't know DC's age. A picture of the planet Jupiter, Jalapeno pepper, Jade (piece of), Japanese character?, Jurassic fossil?

/hillary

srhs
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Jell-O (a box of the mix, or one of those individual premade cups)

Do you have any friends or family with names that start with J? You could put in a photo. That'd be so cute: "This is my Aunt Jamie."

GaPeach_in_Ca
11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
My son did "Jelly Bellys" for J.

We had just done a visit to the factory, so it worked perfectly. I just sent about 10 jelly beans and then he ate them after the sharing. :D

secchick
11-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks so much for the ideas! I knew you would help!

Many of the things I had thought of were either not appropriate b/c DD (age 3.5) wouldn't know what they were or we didn't have on hand (like jacks, or jump rope). I'll throw out some options (jelly, juice, Jell-O) and let DD pick (but I know she'll pick Jell-O because the letters are so big and bold on the [ackage and she will want to spell them out).

Jen841
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Juice box
Containter from a can of frozen juice concentrate?
St Jude piece of mail (we got one yesterday)
Jungle Animals
JuJu Fruits
Double bag is and pour in juice (freeze it before school to keep it as solid as you can)
Jello in the box or made

jent
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
a Jack from a deck of cards?

gatorsmom
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
We have the same program here. Last week Gator had to bring somethning starting with the letter I. That was challenging.

I really like the jigsaw puzzle piece idea. But there are really some great ideas here already.