PDA

View Full Version : Marshalls Great Toys, Clearance Babylegs

maybeebaby08
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
I just got back from Marshall's and they had redone the whole toy section. They had a really good selection for Christmas. Thomas the Train, Fancy Nancy puzzles, Playmobil, Melissa & Doug Puzzles, Rose Petal Cottage Accesories. They also had BabyLegs on clearance for $3, Boppy's for $20.

Melaine
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM
I think my Marshall's is the only one that has never had Babylegs....

clc053103
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
I can also vouch they had GREAT thomas toys for boys- particularly Trackmaster trains but they also had wood and metal engines and other Thomas related toys.

ett
11-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Do you remember what Playmobil they had?

Homegoods also has a huge selection of toys now.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I think my Marshall's is the only one that has never had Babylegs....

Wanna start a club? I never get the cool stuff...

Seitvonzu
11-17-2009, 02:51 PM
ugh. our marshalls is always such a disaster-- it's literally A MESS. tjmaxx around here is pretty bad, but it looks like saks compared to marshalls.

hrm......
we do love thomas.
hrm.

nellonello
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Thanks. Just got back from ours.

I got the Rose Petal Cottage Nursery set and lounge chair for $7.99. No Fancy Nancy books. They also had Playmobil castle stuff.

Jo..
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I ran right out looking for Thomas, but ours only had a few take along and Trackmaster items (no wooden items). I'm bummed. With no AC Moore in the state, I have no idea where to get a deal

maybeebaby08
11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
ugh. our marshalls is always such a disaster-- it's literally A MESS. tjmaxx around here is pretty bad, but it looks like saks compared to marshalls.

hrm......
we do love thomas.
hrm.

The one I was at today, usually is too, but they had the toy section moved to a different part of the store and really organized and an actual employee just for that dept. organizing and keeping things looking nice.

maybeebaby08
11-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Do you remember what Playmobil they had?

Homegoods also has a huge selection of toys now.

I don't remember I'm sorry I just remember seeing the box, I didn't look very closely.

Seitvonzu
11-17-2009, 10:05 PM
maybe we'll look into this tomorrow... for thomas stuff :)

happymom
11-18-2009, 12:29 AM
My Marshall's had a lot of perfectly good baby stuff on clearance, including many Boppy nursing pillows for $20 each.

DrSally
11-18-2009, 02:12 AM
We should start a "looking for Thomas stuff" club. I've seen a lot of trackmaster stuff, but *rarely* see a wooden engine--prob once. I would totally snap up any wooden engines. Before I knew what I was doing, I bought a few die cast engines and then realized they didn't fit my wooden track.

I also saw some very nice Bruder (German) trucks/dumptruck/excavators. $20-$30, much cheaper than my indy toy store.

hillview
11-18-2009, 09:23 AM
I just got back from Marshall's and they had redone the whole toy section. They had a really good selection for Christmas. Thomas the Train, Fancy Nancy puzzles, Playmobil, Melissa & Doug Puzzles, Rose Petal Cottage Accesories. They also had BabyLegs on clearance for $3, Boppy's for $20.
Which Marshall's?
TIA!
/hillary

clc053103
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
We should start a "looking for Thomas stuff" club. I've seen a lot of trackmaster stuff, but *rarely* see a wooden engine--prob once. I would totally snap up any wooden engines. Before I knew what I was doing, I bought a few die cast engines and then realized they didn't fit my wooden track.

I also saw some very nice Bruder (German) trucks/dumptruck/excavators. $20-$30, much cheaper than my indy toy store.

You are right, the wood ones are definitely harder to come by at TJM/Marshalls but I have seen some of the "talking railway" series engines in there recently (they drive on any tracks, only talk using the parts of that series). My DS has always loved his trackmasters more so I had a field day, including finding a Gordon which I had been chasing for over a year! We also have way too many wood ones (we inherited a cousin's collection)! I will keep an eye out though and post if I see a wooden Thomas deal in my travels!!!

maybeebaby08
11-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Which Marshall's?
TIA!
/hillary

Swampscott, MA

tiapam
11-18-2009, 10:23 AM
My Marshall's was a mess, I was seriously PO'd at the many parents who must have let their children go crazy on the toy section. Mine had Funtainers (water bottles and the food containers) for $10. I only saw a pink flowery water bottle and the Cars containers.

musicalgrl
11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I've seen a Playmobil talking castle and a police boat at Home Goods. I also saw the pirate advent calendar there.

Marshalls had Playmobil castles and some smaller dragon accessories. I also saw Fancy Nancy colorforms.

Corie
11-18-2009, 01:16 PM

That's a fabulous price for Bruder!! My son has several Bruder trucks and
he loves them! He is getting another one for Christmas.

At $20-30, that is more than half off the original price! That would be awesome
to find!

chlobo
11-18-2009, 01:42 PM
That's a fabulous price for Bruder!! My son has several Bruder trucks and
he loves them! He is getting another one for Christmas.

At $20-30, that is more than half off the original price! That would be awesome
to find!

I found Bruder tricks at my TJ Maxx. Didn't see ay at Marshalls, at least around here. Is there one you are looking for? I'd be happy to pick it up if I see it.

Seitvonzu
11-18-2009, 03:04 PM
i saw a bruder truck at mine-- it was neat. DD wasn't interested though ;)

we got three books-- one for me, one for lucy, one for my brother for christmas (the peter pan popup!)

we didn't get any playmobil (they had the roman colleseum and chariot and lion tamer, and i think they had some castle stuff (figures)) or thomas (all they had was trackmaster, takealong and bathtub stuff...) they did have LOTS that was cute. i almost bought some books with animals that i'd been eyeing at a local toystore that were MUCH cheaper at marshalls, but lucy choose "Snow" by pd eastman instead :)

they had an adorable owl clock thing that entertained my child for quite some time. and the section was really organized. (no thanks to my child who wanted to see EVERYTHING)

DrSally
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
I picked up the Bruder crane for DS at $20 (it's his fav type of truck). They had a Dump truck/backhoe loader combo for $30, which is really tempting, given the quality and original price. I'm starting to feel as if I have so much for him already, it's hard to keep buying, KWIM?

SpaceGal
11-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Our "small" Marshalls had a lot of Playmobil sets, a big Roman gladiator one, some HUGE castle set, and the pirate advent. A lot of other smaller ones sets too.

I only found one pair of babylegs the pirate white ones with green...but I had those already. Go figure I bought a bunch of babylegs in the last 2 weeks from them and only now it goes on sale...I might have to make it to the bigger Mega Marshalls to see what they might have for clearances.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Mine has nothing good! I went today, no Baby Legs no Playmobil. I need to move.:hysterical:

calv
11-18-2009, 06:22 PM
whats' the hype w/the bruder? Please tell us more :D I did a quick search and found this but haven't read it yet. Trying to read and make dinner @ the same time w/out burning anything ;P

http://www.brudertoys.com/

brittone2
11-18-2009, 06:45 PM
whats' the hype w/the bruder? Please tell us more :D I did a quick search and found this but haven't read it yet. Trying to read and make dinner @ the same time w/out burning anything ;P

DS has one bruder truck (a forklift). IIRC they are made in Germany and are very good quality.

sansdieu
11-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Kinda OT, but our Marshalls had some super-random HA stuff -- some nylon tights and head bands. Perhaps, we should expect more Hanna at Marshalls in the near future? :loveeyes:

DrSally
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM

I think they're just well-made German trucks. Since they're made in Europe, I assume they don't have phathlates/BPA. A nice alternative to Tonka.

BigDog
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Went to Marshalls and TJMaxx this morning...
Marshalls had a lot of toys, saw a bunch of Thomas Trackmaster stuff, as well as the Playmobile Advent Calendar for $12.99.

Had better luck at TJMaxx, even though their toy selection wasn't as big. Picked up 2 Bruder trucks for $20, and two Funtainers (one Cars, one Superman) for $9.99. Not a steal for those, but I've been wanting them.

DrSally
11-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I wish mine had funtainers...BTW, I did go back and the the dump truck/excavator Bruder combo for $30. If my mom gives me $$ for the kids gifts, which she usually does, this can be from her.

lindaana
11-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I found a great selection of Melissa and Doug floor puzzles at my Marshalls. They were on one of the deal of the day sites a while back for $9 plus shipping, Marshalls has them for 7.99. my 3yr old loves these and they make great gifts :)