PDA

View Full Version : Starter Lego Set for 6yr old boy

713abc
11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm going to get 6 yr old DS a lego set for the holidays. Here's what I found on Amazon..."Lego Ultimate Building Set".

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ultimate-Building-Set-Pieces/dp/B000NO9GT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1258483231&sr=1-1

Is this a good one to start with?

TIA!
Robin

Momof3Labs
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Do you think he'd be happy with an open-ended set? Legos didn't take off in my household until we bought the boys some sets that build specific things (the both love the power miners for some reason - the city sets are good, too).

ett
11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Do you think he'd be happy with an open-ended set? Legos didn't take off in my household until we bought the boys some sets that build specific things (the both love the power miners for some reason - the city sets are good, too).

:yeahthat: DS1 loved building with duplos but he didn't really get interested in the regular Legos until he got a Lego city set. I bought it on a whim when it was a good price last Christmas and it turned out to be his favorite gift.

brittone2
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
My DS started w/ a small open-ended set from Target, and once we knew he liked it, MIL sent down DH's old collection (all mixed together so obviously very open-ended). My DS is a total perfectionist and I think would struggle if he couldn't exactly recreate some of the Lego models from kits. He enjoys making his own creations.