PDA

View Full Version : UK version of Mac Quest?

3isthelimit
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know the differences in the UK version of the Mac Quest vs. US?
And, in light of the recent recall.....is it worth even purchasing a Mac?

Thanks!

strollerqueen
11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Trying to recall if there ever was a UK Quest. I have it's equivalent, which is a Vogue 2000. (The Vogue 2001 is a larger model. Of course I have that one, too, lol! It was the last model to be made in the UK.) Between 2000 and 2001 they moved production to China. So if there was one, it was made briefly, in that period. I just bought a Mac last week, and the week before. So yeah, the recall is nothing to worry about. If you email the company, they will send you some covers to zip over the hinges, if you are concerned.

3isthelimit
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks, SQ! I have spotted one at a local discount store on clearance, no less! I REALLY want to buy it! It is in a greenish color box and says "the original english buggy" or something like that. It also said something like quest-UK. I coudn't see a DOM, though, and it did say made in China. It is a lulu green pattern. Should I go for it?

strollerqueen
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I would need a link or pic to be able to tell you better. It is certainly made in China, though, not in UK. How much are they asking? Quests are pretty good, btw. They are most people's favorite Mac.

3isthelimit
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Thanks, I just thought they may have diff features than say a US version...if that makes sense? It's the Lulu Guinness I love you pattern and they want $99 for it.

ETA: the box is a greenish color instead of the traditional brown box that other macs come in. (that's what threw me off)

strollerqueen
11-18-2009, 04:52 AM
Excellent deal! Grab it! I know someone who is looking for one in case you change your mind and don't wish to keep it...

GraceH
11-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks, SQ! I have spotted one at a local discount store on clearance, no less! I REALLY want to buy it! It is in a greenish color box and says "the original english buggy" or something like that. It also said something like quest-UK. I coudn't see a DOM, though, and it did say made in China. It is a lulu green pattern. Should I go for it?

Independent or chain? Mind sharing where?

3isthelimit
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM
No problem, TJMaxx in central MS.

3isthelimit
11-19-2009, 03:35 PM
So, I called and had them hold it for me and picked it up this morning. I think it must have been produced for the UK and not for US distribution. All of the included materials say nothing of the US nor the English language, it just ahs UK as an option. It looks like a great stroller, has the tilting sunshade and all.
I cannot find a DOM on the actual stroller though......Anyone know where to find that? On the box I could make out some of one...09 MAY 06....but it was under a couple of shipping stickers. Does that make it an '09 or an '06???

lcjw1986
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
It will mean May 2006.

Well, I am guessing that anyway, cause in the UK we put day, month, year for dates.

3isthelimit
11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Bummer, now I'm thinking my deal wasn't all I thought it was....

Piglet
11-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Well considering the new ones are going for $300, I think it sounds like a great deal!