PDA

View Full Version : Useful Item For Those With Young Babies

Indianamom2
11-17-2009, 04:30 PM
If you have a young baby (I'd say year or less) or will be having one, here is a link to a very useful little hang tag to attach to the infant carrier/stroller to remind people not to touch baby.

It's a little stop sign that says, "Please Wash Your Hands Before Touching Mine!" I got one of these free from my pedi's office at my first appt. after DS#2 was born and every single day I have people asking me where I got it. Mine was from a drug company, but I finally found the identical item (presumably with no drug advertising!) online and thought I would share. I'm seriously considering buying a bunch to use for future baby shower gifts.

http://mytinyhands.com/shopping/store.htm

Hope this helps someone!

Christina

Melaine
11-17-2009, 04:35 PM
I think those are great!

maydaymommy
11-17-2009, 04:36 PM
I think that IS a great idea. I can't believe the people who reach in to touch the baby -- ON HIS FACE.:nono:

I think having something prefabricated like that, rather than making one myself, goes over better.

Indianamom2
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I really like how it is worded. This way, I don't have to be rude and it's a gentle reminder.

Of course, there are those who still ignore....but it DOES help.

Oh, and I have absolutely no stake in the company...I just really wish I'd thought of this myself.

Christina

maydaymommy
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
About to order (I'm sitting here with the computer, a cc from an online order I just made, and two napping children, so why not?)

But, I wish the site took paypal. It looks kind of non-professional and I'm a bit dubious of submitting the info...

Can't even figure out how much shipping will be!

Indianamom2
11-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Hmmm, I'll be honest, I hadn't even looked at actually ordering yet because I just found it myself. I do know the tags are identical to mine, so I'm assuming that's where they originally came from.

Hmmm...I like the security of Paypal too but it does have the "https" and the lock symbol, so I assume it's secure.

Christina

o_mom
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
About to order (I'm sitting here with the computer, a cc from an online order I just made, and two napping children, so why not?)

But, I wish the site took paypal. It looks kind of non-professional and I'm a bit dubious of submitting the info...

I'm pretty sure that gatorsmom has ordered from them - maybe do a search to see.

AJP
11-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I know a few people who had these signs. One had a NICU baby and some of the nurses gave it as a gift when her baby went home. They had the same website on the back of the tags, so I'm assuming they ordered at the same place. GREAT IDEA!!

sunshine873
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
I have a preemie and her Dr. gave us this same hang-tag. I can second that this is THE best thing you can put on your stroller and/or car seat!!! It totally grabs people's attention. It's easy to read, and gets the point across without you having to say a thing. I have gotten so many comments about it. Absolutely EVERYONE who looks at DD in her stroller ends up reading the sign, and I'd say over 50% have asked me where I got it, because they want one or know someone who could use one.

kristac
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I've never seen these before but I love this idea, esp during flu season!!

karenj2
11-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I just filled out the info like I was about to order, and standard shipping (for me, at least) was $1.50.

I like this idea - maybe couple it with the travel version of Purell (that you could also attach to the stroller)...

jgenie
11-17-2009, 09:04 PM

I ordered these a few months ago. I gave some as gifts and have one for our new baby. I had no problems with my order or my credit card.

gatorsmom
11-17-2009, 09:12 PM

I have ordered from this site numerous times for myself and as gifts for friends. I think this company started out as a SAHM who created these signs herself because the first one I ever ordered had a more "handcrafted" look. Now they are made of silicone and are much more durable. Anyway, I've never had trouble with the owner of this company. One time I ordered the signs and they never arrived so she sent me replacements no charge.

I totally agree they are wonderful. I once had an epidemiologist (sp) with the U of Minnesota approach me and say that if everyone had one of those signs he'd be out of a job. :tongue5:

oh, and if I remember shipping was the cost of USPS postage so something like $2-$3.