PDA

View Full Version : Fussy 4 Month Old?

Indianamom2
11-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Out of curiosity, is there anything anyone can think of that would cause a baby to actually get fussier around 4 months?

DS #2 used to be easier as a newborn. (I can't believe I'm saying that!) This last month has been, well...rough. He's fussy during the day. He's fussy at night. He SCREAMS his head off whenever DH holds him. And I'm talking about red faced, shrieking and almost shaking kind of screaming with DH.

I love this little guy but I don't get why he's suddenly so much fussier. With DD #1, she got less fussy, but she had horrible colic, so that made sense. I'm on a dairy-free diet and have been, I don't feel any teeth coming in...and I desperately need a break once in a while, but when he screams so much for DH, I can't leave him for long in that kind of state, not to mention that it really stinks for DH. Oh, and I should mention that DS will not take a bottle either, so DH doesn't even have that to fall back on.

Any ideas? Is this just a phase?

Christina

brittone2
11-17-2009, 04:56 PM
any chance he has an ear infection?

Indianamom2
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Well, I did consider that (and he's going for his 4-month well check tomorrow) but he CAN be pleasant.:)

It just seems strange to me that he's getting fussier as he gets older.

Christina

BabyMine
11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
growth spurt or teething.

marit
11-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Maybe sleep deprivation? Allergy to something else in your diet?

srhs
11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Your thread title brought back memories! (well, and dread, with #2 at 3 mos)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299727
So I can just say you are not alone :hug:.

gatorsmom
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Does there seem to be a particular time of day that the fussiness starts? Is there a pattern to it? Do you notice it sometime after nursing? Is there anything that stops it (like swinging, being held, being "worn" in a sling/wrap)?

Just trying to help you brainstorm....

Katigre
11-17-2009, 08:06 PM
How often is he nursing? Is he napping enough?