PDA

View Full Version : Gift idea for DH's cousin (22)?

nrp
11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
I always get stumped with what to get DH's cousin. She is 22 and about to graduate from college. I've done vera bradley in the past a couple of times, and sephora stuff once or twice. I want to spend around $35. I looked through the $25 thread and didn't see anything that really jumped out at me. I'd love something from etsy, but I always get overwhelmed. One idea I had was a Klean Kanteen and a couple of cute reusable bags, but I don't know if she'd like that. Any other suggestions?

updacountry
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
I usually give money and something small just as a token gift. We all know they would really only want money. I've given the little sample things you get when you make a purchase at a cosmetic counter. Last year I bought things I needed for like $15 and got with purchase 2 free cosmetic bags and cosmetics. They loved all the little things so they can try them. This year I'm giving money in these cute little Umbra Bungee Micro that holds money/key that they can stick in their pocket. I've also seen at Sephora they have cute little sets like mascara and perfume so you can try a whole bunch of them.

srhs
11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
A hoodie from her college bookstore?

TwinFoxes
11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
What are her plans for after college? Maybe something related to that? Like if she's backpacking around Europe you can get her guide books. Or if she's going straight to work, a resume writing book (although that's kind of boring.)

I like the cash idea...or even a gift card to Target. That's what I would have wanted.

By the time I finished college I had plenty of hoodies with "Cal" on them...she probably already has them from her school JMHO.

nrp
11-19-2009, 12:54 PM
She's going to be a teacher, and she will be student teaching in the spring, so something related to that would be a great idea. What would a new teacher want?