PDA

View Full Version : Would you call the doc?

teedeedee
11-17-2009, 11:00 PM
DD had a cough, runny nose, slight fever that started about 2 weeks ago. She was really uncomfortable and didn't sleep well, didn't want to eat...but I treated her by running a humidifier and giving her tylenol when she seemed really uncomfy. It cleared up around Friday. But, now it's back. I'm concerned...mostly because it is a yucky cough and well, H1N1 has me scared...I have heard several news reports of people getting sick then well, then sick- and then it turning really bad and even dying. So...I'm probably hypersensitive...

Didn't call the doc last week when she was sick...not sure if I should call now...

Would you call? I just feel so nervous! She's only 17 months...so little still.

Thanks,
TD

deannanb
11-17-2009, 11:04 PM
:waving4:
Double ear infection at my house -
I was treating with Motrin - and just assumed it was a cold.
DS wasn't pulling at his ear either.

go to the doctor - it will give you a peace of mind to at least know something (or nothing!)

purpleeyes
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
Yep, I would call! My 5 year old DS had a fever of 101.7 a few weeks ago and I called the dr. as soon as I got off the phone with the school nurse . ;)
Since its back... I would def. call!!
Hope she feels better soon.

ett
11-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Yup, I would definitely call. Your daughter is still young and she was getting better and is now getting worse again.

gobadgers
11-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Depends on your comfort level... if it was me, I would probably take them in to check for the dreaded ear infection.

We had a really similar situation in our house last week. DS and DD both had runny noses, slight coughs, no fevers two weekends ago. It cleared up mid-week last week, then got bad again over this past weekend, including a slight fever for DD. The doctor checked ears, lungs and all was well - said it was just a cold, not H1N1 and no infections. The only thing he prescribed was a glass of wine for me. But if it happened again, I have to say I'd take them in again....

Hope she's feeling better soon!

teedeedee
11-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Just spent the last 20 minutes talking to the afterhours nurse. Her respirations are concerning but do not warrant a trip to the emergency room. They said to bring her in tomorrow and to watch her tonight. It will be a long night for this momma. I just want my baby to feel better...

I do feel better for having called. Thanks for the nudge to call...