PDA

View Full Version : Is the Corelle/Corning Ware Outlet store really cheaper?

hellokitty
11-17-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm wondering about this. I've decided that I am fed up with my stoneware. It takes up tons of space and DH has broken several plates and bowls. I feel like I am having to do dishes more often so we have enough of them, and that things don't fit well in our DW. Today I went to meijer and got two 16 piece sets of the winter frost (plain white, since I already have a few dishes in this series). I'd like to get more items, but I don't know if I should just pay the retail, $3-5 per plate/bowl or if I should drive 40 min to the Corning Ware/Corelle outlet to get a few more pieces instead. Is it really cheaper? I have been in there before, and remember thinking that the prices didn't seem that much cheaper, but I don't remember solid #'s, b/c I wasn't looking to buy large quantities (I basically bought stuff for my kids to use, so only got about a dozen items in smaller sizes). I did spot at one of the thrift stores yesterday winter a few winter frost plates for only 50 cents each, so I'll probably go back to see if they are still there, b/c that's really cheap. However, with 3 kids in the house and us hosting overnight guests for Thanksgiving, I was thinking it would be nice to have a healthy surplus of dishes for situations like this and for the long term as well.

DebbieJ
11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Why don't you call the outlet and ask them if they have them and how much they are?

ett
11-17-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure if they're cheaper but I go there because they have way more selection than I can find at other stores. I can puy pieces a la carte because I don't need whole sets. They also sell pyrex containers and the covers separately, which is good if you don't need both.

o_mom
11-17-2009, 11:23 PM
On basic plates or sets, they weren't much cheaper last time I looked. They will, however, have better selection of specialty pieces. Walmart was by far the cheapest on the plain white last time I looked.

ett
11-17-2009, 11:29 PM
On basic plates or sets, they weren't much cheaper last time I looked. They will, however, have better selection of specialty pieces. Walmart was by far the cheapest on the plain white last time I looked.

My Walmart did not have the smallest plain white plates (or any other pattern in that size) so I did have to go to the outlet to get those.

hellokitty
11-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Thanks. I'll probably just get some stuff from meijer then. They sell pieces separately as well as in sets. It doesn't seem like it would be worth the drive.