PDA

View Full Version : Need A Small Gift for Santa to Give DD at Work Party

randomkid
11-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Every year, we have a department Holiday party. As part of it, one of our co-workers dresses up as Santa and brings gifts to the kids. The parents have to provide the gifts. This year, they want us to keep the gifts small and inexpensive, which I can understand. This way no one kid gets a great gift while others get small gifts - you know, keeping it as equal as possible and all.

DD will be 5 in Jan - any ideas for something fun, cute, but smallish? I'm leaning toward a necklace that was to go in her stocking along with some nail polish. She's very girly right now - into princesses and ballet. Not my genes there, trust me.

amandabea
11-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi -
I also gave birth to a princess and have no royal lineage. My DD is nearing 3, but if I were in your situation, I'd go with the necklace or a felt crown/tiara or a book/coloring book w/ crayons. IMO these are all immediately useful. My DD especially likes princess accessories, so the necklace or crown would go over really well. As long as the book or coloring book was princess related, that would work too.
Sounds like fun.

hellokitty
11-18-2009, 08:55 AM
You can get her a few pairs of fun Christmas socks. Target always seems to have cute socks in their dollar spot.

ohiomom1121
11-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Not sure if it's technically small enough but how about the Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas book? It's only $7.50 on Amazon right now. DD is very girly and loves those books. Another idea is a boa..they've been huge hits in my house for years and you can get them cheap at JoAnn Fabrics with coupons if you have one. Sparkle nail polish is always another huge hit around here!

kedss
11-18-2009, 09:46 AM
maybe a ballerina ornament?

DebbieJ
11-18-2009, 10:53 AM
There are some small packs of Bendaroos at WalMart for $5.97.

vonfirmath
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Too bad they didn't give you an idea of what they meant by small.

Mikey0709
11-19-2009, 10:17 AM
I needed the same sort of gift for santa - and I chose a Holiday DVD for each child. Found them for around $5.99 at TJMaxx... and now they'll get to watch them for the few weeks BEFORE the holiday! My one son is LOVING the old pink panther right now - so he gets Pink Panther Christmas..... and probably will get the Max & Ruby Christmas for my younger son.