PDA

View Full Version : Exersaucer/Jumperoo, what's the diff? And what age is best to get it?

bw52
11-18-2009, 01:25 PM
I've looked at a few pictures and really can't tell much of a difference. Am I missing something? If not, which is better?

And when do babies typically start using these? I'm looking to maybe get one for LO at Christmas. Would this be the right age? She'll be almost 6 months when we get back and she starts using it. She's 4 months and 12 lbs right now. How long do most kids use them for? I know it says to 25 lbs, but when do you think she'll hit 25 lbs? I really have no idea when she'll weigh that!

Thanks for helping a clueless FTM mama!

Momof3Labs
11-18-2009, 04:39 PM
IME, babies use the exersaucer from about 5 months until they are mobile. Then, they might play with it from the outside, but maybe not (one of mine did, one did not). The jumperoo moves differently than the saucer. DS2 liked the exersaucer but not the jumperoo. The jumperoo wasn't out when DS1 was little, so he just used the saucer.

BayGirl2
11-18-2009, 08:58 PM
In the jumparoo they are suspended and can bounce up and down. The seat also rotates around to different toys. In the exersaucer they just rotate around. Some exersaucers have rounded bottom so I guess they can rock and balance a little too. There was a thread on this a few weeks ago and I think the jumparoo got the most votes.

DS started using the jumparoo around 4 months. The kid we bought it from was 14+ months and still liked it, but I'd be surprised if a kid that old would stay in it for long.

You could take DC to BRU or another store and try both out. It seems like some babies have a preference. Its a good toy to buy used, I found many on craigs list in good condition.

catsnkid
11-18-2009, 09:21 PM
We have both! DS seems to prefer the jumperoo right now but I think it is because he has figured out how to really launch himelf. He also has the same baby einstein exersaucer at daycare so it isn't that exciting I guess. He started with both at about 4 months or so but has really gotten into them now at 5 months.