PDA

View Full Version : doll highchair---does it get used?

Allisonsmommy
11-18-2009, 01:36 PM
For those of you that have daughters with a doll high chair......do they actually play with it? I have gotten DD who is almost 2.5 a wooden doll cradle for xmas but i don't know if i should also get a highchair. She can easily feed her dolls while they sit in the stroller. Any thoughts?

Melaine
11-18-2009, 01:40 PM
For those of you that have daughters with a doll high chair......do they actually play with it? I have gotten DD who is almost 2.5 a wooden doll cradle for xmas but i don't know if i should also get a highchair. She can easily feed her dolls while they sit in the stroller. Any thoughts?

Mine have gotten less use out of the cradles than I thought they would. It crossed my mind that maybe if they had a younger sibling and saw me using a high chair with the baby it might spark interest in a high chair. As it is, we skipped it since the cradles don't get much use. I do think this is adorable, and might get a little more playtime:
http://www.target.com/International-Playthings-01578-Hook-On-Table/dp/B001RAJH7O/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&frombrowse=0&node=1038576&keywords=doll%20chair&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&id=International%20Playthings%2001578%20Hook-On%20Table&field_availability=-2&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Cta rget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=target104545&searchPage=1&field_keywords=doll%20chair

Thatchermom
11-18-2009, 02:20 PM
DD uses hers EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Never fails. Got the cradle and high chair for Christmas last year, and it has been the best gift easily. Wish I knew that I had such a strong winner for this year!

sarahsthreads
11-18-2009, 03:36 PM
DD uses hers EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Never fails. Got the cradle and high chair for Christmas last year, and it has been the best gift easily. Wish I knew that I had such a strong winner for this year!

How old was your DD when you got them last year? I was considering getting a high chair for DD2, who will be 17 months at Christmas and is baby *obsessed*, but not sure if it's too old for her still?

Thanks!
Sarah :)

WatchingThemGrow
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
my 3.5 yo plays with her high chair all the time. She also has a cradle, stroller, and tons of clothes/linens. She complains about not having a changing table for her dolls. They were sort of hard to come by used, but I did find them. Happy I didn't spend too much on them. Oh, and don't bother with the plastic Bitty Baby cradle. Complete junk. DH threw it away b/c screws were always sticking out of it.