PDA

View Full Version : Best place to make a photo mug?

happymom
11-18-2009, 08:59 PM
After seeing that thread about the free photo mug, I'm thinking of ordering one for MIL (obviously not free). I would probably order from Costco, unless there is somewhere better. Ideas? Also, has anyone ever ordered or seen a photo throw blanket? Just curious how those come out. Thanks!

ETA: I just checked out shutterfly, and although they are more expensive than Costco, I see they have more options. I like the option of a black mug as opposed to a white one. Costco basically only offers a white 11 oz. mug.

teedeedee
11-18-2009, 11:34 PM
I got 2 from Shutterfly last year and they are fantastic! Grandparents love them!

MoJo
11-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Our Walmarts have a sample photo throw blanket hanging over their photo section . . . it's a girl and dog, and my DD can see it from aisles away and always points it out. Our Sears portrait studio had a sample throw out yesterday too.

I've never had one done (I think it was $80 at Walmart, and I'm sure the one at Sears costs more since it would be made from a professional picture), but it seems like a neat idea.

infomama
11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
We have Shutterfly mugs and they are nice however it is imperative that you hand wash them. The picture will fade like mad if you dishwasher them.

Melbel
11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Another vote for shutterfly. Ours from 5 years ago still look great (hand washed only). There are often sales, FS and/or coupon codes available.