PDA

View Full Version : What do we think of Fisher Price Trio?

inmypjs
11-19-2009, 12:59 AM
There are some good prices on some Fisher Price Trio sets now, as well as a $5 off coupon, and I'm just wondering if anyone has them and could tell me what they think?

I read the Amazon reviews which were pretty favorable. Many mentioned that the parts stay together well so the child can play with whatever they made without it falling apart. A few said they were a little hard to get the parts together and apart.

I'm also wondering about the age range. Says 3-5 but from the reviews this seemed to be on the young side. Would this make a good present for a 5 yo?

TamiRuns
11-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I just purchased one of these sets - the one with the crane- for our soon to be 5 year old. I read the same reviews as you mentioned....Hope to hear a favorable response from someone.

TamiRuns
11-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Meant to add that this will be a Xmas gift....wasn't able to edit my post.

inmypjs
12-08-2009, 02:07 PM
I wanted to come back to this and say that my 5 yo loves the Trio basic building set. He's played with it a lot since receiving it a month ago. He's built a ton of stuff on his own from the blocks and recently he went through and built things from the little booklet they included. I'm thinking of getting another set for Christmas.

TamiRuns
12-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Glad to hear your DS likes the Trio set. I'm hoping it's a hit with my soon to be 5 year old....

Thanks for sharing!

vonfirmath
12-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I wanted to come back to this and say that my 5 yo loves the Trio basic building set. He's played with it a lot since receiving it a month ago. He's built a ton of stuff on his own from the blocks and recently he went through and built things from the little booklet they included. I'm thinking of getting another set for Christmas.

*confused* So when you asked about it 2 weeks ago you'd already bought some?

sail731
12-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I bought the airplane set for my constructive 2.5 year old DD. She loves them. She has loves her Duplos, though she does get frustrated when they fall apart. The Trios stay together a lot better. They are hard for her to snap, but if we build things together it works just fine. In fact she has been learning her colors recently and I am able to work in some practice by asking her to "hand me a green one" etc.

I think they would be a great buy for 4-5 year olds.

katydid1971
12-08-2009, 07:19 PM
We bought the $5 airplane set for DS for a trip we took at Thanksgiving and it was a HUGE success. Santa is bring him the $30 building set for christmas, I hope its as popular as the first one was. I think for $5 (that's the regular price) you can't go wrong getting the airplane set to see how your DC likes them. My Target had them in both the stocking stuffer area and the building block area. I'm giving them to several little friends for christmas. I don't think you can find a better $5 present.

vonfirmath
12-09-2009, 12:47 AM
sail: How exactly do your Duplos fall apart? I've seen MegaBlox fall apart and the Lego Quatro, but I'm trying to figure what the problem is that your Duplos fall apart.

inmypjs
12-09-2009, 12:49 AM
*confused* So when you asked about it 2 weeks ago you'd already bought some?

Oops, you're right! He hasn't had it for a month. We gave it to him shortly after my original post. Sorry for the confusion!

sail731
12-09-2009, 08:56 AM
vonfirmath-

If we build with the Duplos and want to pick up our creation (i.e. an airplane), it will come undone about 80% of the time. With Trios we have not had this problem at all.

vonfirmath
12-09-2009, 11:05 AM
vonfirmath-

If we build with the Duplos and want to pick up our creation (i.e. an airplane), it will come undone about 80% of the time. With Trios we have not had this problem at all.

Are you sure what you have is actually Lego Duplos? Cause my son picks up his creations and carries them all over the house without them coming undone.
And I know a lot of people on Craigslist, at least, advertise "Duplos" when the blocks are actually Mega brand.

ett
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Are you sure what you have is actually Lego Duplos? Cause my son picks up his creations and carries them all over the house without them coming undone.
And I know a lot of people on Craigslist, at least, advertise "Duplos" when the blocks are actually Mega brand.

We have never had any problems picking up our duplo creations either. They stay together very well. The duplos will say "Lego" inside each of the little holes on the block.

sail731
12-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Yes, they are Dulpos!