PDA

View Full Version : x-post: Tripp Trapp use on rug?

JMS
11-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm considering ordering 2 or 3 Tripp Trapps, but just read some safety info on their website that they shouldn't be used on high rugs. I have a low pile rug under my kitchen table? Any thoughts as to whether this will be ok? Will my kids (5 1/2 and 4) be able to push back to get in and out???

TIA

pantrygirl
11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
We have a low pile rug in our dining room and our Tripp Trapp sits on it fine. Our daughter does push away from the table on occasion but the anti-tipping plastic doodads you install on the back end of the leg helps prevent tipping.

Plus, in all honesty, we've never left our daughter alone in the high chair. So when/if she pushes away, we're always there to either push her back or take her out of the chair. Our daughter pushes the chair away mostly to tell us she's done with eating.

Hope this helps.:wavey:

JMS
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Thanks - it does help. If you don't mind me asking, does the chair push easily? I'm more concerned for my older kids who are used to getting in and out of a chair by themselves. I don't want it to be so tippy that the littlest movement sends it flying backwards.

I've seen those doodads :) and I think they are only white... this is so stupid, but my furniture is all mahogany, my floors are cherry, my rug is cinnamon brown and I'm ordering walnut Tripp Trapps...so I don't want white plastic pieces :) You don't need to respond to this part, I think I'm going to try calling TT !! :)

pantrygirl
11-19-2009, 12:19 PM
The chair does slide easily. Once I unstrap my toddler and take her down from the chair, she likes to push it from one end of our dining room to the other. She isn't strong enough to tip it over and the anti-tip doodads do help.

When I sit on it, your natural weight generally keeps it stationery. Then again, I haven't really analyzed it and would need to try pushing back on it while sitting to see if it slips from under me.

My cherry stained tripp trapp came with tan/brownish anti-tip plastic doodads. I remember remarking, "That's nice of them to make one that isn't stark white!" That was a year ago so I'm not sure if they've changed the color.