PDA

View Full Version : Those with Tripp Trapps - max age?

MizMojoLaveau
11-19-2009, 02:43 PM
For those that have tripp trapps, at what age did DC begin to not want to sit in them? What was the reason (wanted to be 'big" and sit in a regular chair, etc.)?

Melaine
11-19-2009, 03:04 PM
We got our TTs about around April of this year. Our girls were 2 and a half. I wish I had gotten them sooner, but I just wasn't willing to put out that kind of money and so I kept wasting my money on alternatives. Big mistake....
Anyway, the TTs are their special chairs and they love them. We did not give them any alternative about using the straps and they are still always strapped in. Occasionally I let them sit in another chair for a snack, but for meals they use the TTs no question. We will continue to use the harnesses for awhile. I really like that they are contained, to be honest. It helps me a bunch and I am convinced that they eat a better meal. They don't jump up or get distracted. They also have learned to ask to be excused.
I really don't see why they would want to stop using the TTs. They like being at the proper height. However, we spent $400 on the chairs and they will continue to use them, period!

tny915
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM
DD is 6 and still sits in her Stokke seat. It's an older one without the shoulder straps and only has a waist strap. She long ago stopped using the straps, but she still loves her seat.

JBaxter
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Nathan still uses his alot hes 6. I think he was almost 2ish when we got it

stillplayswithbarbies
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
my six and a half year old is still using hers and has not asked to use anything else. She pushes it around the kitchen and uses it as a stepstool too.

Momof3Labs
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
My DS2 gave it up around 3.25yo. My DS1 lasted until about 6.75yo, and only gave his up because his younger brother decided to boycott the seat!

amldaley
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
my six and a half year old is still using hers and has not asked to use anything else. She pushes it around the kitchen and uses it as a stepstool too.

My 16 mo dd loves pushing hers around the kitchen! I wouldn't have wasted money on a walker had I known the TT would be used in this way!

DebbieJ
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM
my DS1 (almost 6 yo) still sits in his.

brittone2
11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
DS is 5.5 and has had our KZ (no longer made but basically the same seat w/ a 3 pt harness). In the past year or year and a half DD (almost 3yo) has gradually taken over his seat (we have a Kettler chair for her but we all prefer the KZ). DD still uses it almost nightly, but DS will happily sit there many nights. DS often sits on a regular chair now because he likes to sit next to daddy at dinner and our KZ sits at the end of the table (so not "next to" any regular chairs).

czekit7
11-26-2009, 04:58 PM
The Tripp Trappe commercial on the Target.com site says that it can be used into the teen years (?), and even has a grampa feeding his grandkid, both sitting in Tripp Trapp seats...kinda funny.