PDA

View Full Version : Thank You To All Who Replied

Indianamom2
11-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to those who responded to my post about medical stuff yesterday.

I'm still overwhelmed, but I'm just trying to take things one at a time. I'm not looking forward to the allergy testing tomorrow, as I know that can't be fun, but it must be done.

Can anyone tell me if we will get results immediately? I believe the ENT said it would (at the least) be the skin test and something about IGE?

As for the Aerochamber/Nebulizer issue, for now, we think this is only a temporary thing as she's never had any wheezing before and she's just had this cough for so long that it might be developing into something more. Hopefully the allergy testing will give us more concrete info and we can go from there.

Thanks again.
Christina

LarsMal
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM
You'll have skin results immediately. If they do a blood draw that will take up to 2 weeks.

GL- keep us posted!

KpbS
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
If your DC has a skin prick test the nurse or physician will "read" the test (interpret the results) 10-15 min. after the skin pricks. They are looking for IgE (immunoglobulin E allergies)--allergic reactions that are quick in nature, ie. they are not delayed responses to an allergen.

DS1 used an inhaler this summer following a serious ongoing cough that turned into pneumonia. He hasn't had any asthmatic symptoms since.

GL tomorrow. The skin testing oftentimes isn't that bad. We've had it done lots of times. Just bring something to distract/engage your DC during the waiting time.
:hug: