PDA

View Full Version : Article about gender disappointment

Ceepa
11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Short article, but there aren't many addressing this issue that I remember seeing.

http://www.parentdish.com/2009/11/18/gender-disappointment-when-parents-dont-get-the-child-they-wan/

AnnieW625
11-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Interesting. I remember thinking from the date of the 18 wk ultra sound with my pregnancy from DD that she was a girl. We still opted not to find out the sex, but I came home that night and told DH that I was pretty sure she was a girl. I was right, but I remember that last week I was pregnant I started convincing myself that the baby was a boy and I'd be happy with a boy.

With the pregnancy we lost to Trisomy 18 last April we never found out the sex of the baby but I am pretty sure it was a girl based on what I had seen at th 18 week ultra sound. We had a name picked out and everything.

So now I am pregnant again and the 18 week ultra sound is in just over two weeks and I don't know if we are going to find out the sex of the baby. However I think I would be really happy with a boy this time because we already have a name picked out, and we don't have one for a girl since the one we liked last time I associate with the baby we lost.

In the end I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy and gender won't really matter much.