PDA

View Full Version : For What Are You Most Thankful?

carolinamama
11-19-2009, 07:56 PM
I've had a rough patch the last few months and it sounds like others have too. So I thought it would be good to list the things for which we are thankful. Off the top of my head:

Health of my family
DH has a job
I have a job
The smiling faces of my boys
We get to spend Thanksgiving with family
DH is out right now picking up my money for bunco that I forgot to get until the last minute! I appreciate all the little things he does for me even if he does drive me batty half the time. ;)

Anyone else?

BabyMine
11-19-2009, 08:08 PM
My family
DH is employed at a place he likes
We don't spend Thanksgiving with the IL's
We have health insurance.
No Chaos

The biggest one for me is my family including my Mom and Sister.

Sorry OP you have had a couple rough months.:hug:

Melaine
11-19-2009, 08:18 PM
I am thankful for:
Salvation and God's Grace: two things that never change
My immediate and extended family
My baby sister coming home from college Saturday! I have not seen her since August and we had never been separated for that long before. I love that girl like you wouldn't believe.
It looks like we will be spending another Thanksgiving with my Grandmother. Monday night it didn't look like that at all, so I am thankful for a little more time.
Also, really thankful for DH and what a committed and strong man he is. I don't know how I'd be getting through if not for him.

neeleymartin
11-19-2009, 08:35 PM
most important: family, that all live within 10 minutes. that includes both my side and dh's side. parents and 8 siblings on either side. it's great.

both of us have jobs we love.

two healthy boys.

health insurance.

g-mama
11-19-2009, 08:41 PM
a man who is a wonderful husband and father and puts up with way too much from me

a few fantastic girlfriends who make it a little bit better that I have no mom, no sisters and no daughters

that I am able to stay at home with my children

citymama
11-19-2009, 09:31 PM
My amazing husband
Our precious little girl
Baby growing in my belly
My parents
The rest of our families
Both of our jobs and paychecks - especially this year more than ever before
Roof over our heads, good health (and insurance!), food on our table.

Toba
11-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Oooh, boy. :)

A gorgeous, brilliant, healthy, loving son who wants to marry his mommy when he grows up and considers his mother and father his best friends.
A generous, loving, devoted DH who wants nothing but my happiness.
DH's steady, reliable paycheck and that his job is paying 100% for his masters.
A house over my head.
Two vehicles that start.
Medical coverage that goes beyond what it should because DH works in a hospital.
My laptop, iPod and books that let me escape when I need to.

desertmama
11-19-2009, 11:03 PM
My fiesty dd who loves to learn, loves friends, and overall loves life
My easygoing ds who loves people, music, birds, and airplanes; They both remind me to cherish the simple joys in life

My mom who is willing to drop everything and fly cross country with very little notice to help me when needed
My sister who is one of my closest friends
Friends and family who love me the way I am and share with me in the joys and trials of life
The ability to chart my own course
so many things...

Great thread. Thanks, OP.

SnuggleBuggles
11-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Our health and lots of love

Beth

MoJo
11-20-2009, 09:44 AM
My DD, who is a great joy and who has brought a lot of smiles and laughter into my life

My DH, who is working really hard

The new little one growing inside

A home, and a car and cell phone for when I don't want to be there

A great part time job, with newly increased hours, and the best boss I've ever had

My three dogs

other family and friends

and most of all, salvation, forgiveness and a God who will never leave me or forsake me

amandabea
11-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm thankful for
- my wonderfully lovely, funny, and bright DD.
- my slightly obsessive-compulsive DH who gets everything done around the house.
- my warm home
- my fantastic job
- my family and friends
- everyone's health

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2009, 10:00 AM
and most of all, salvation, forgiveness and a God who will never leave me or forsake me
:yeahthat:
Then...
DD and her inquisitive, sensitive soul
DS1 who wakes up singing or talking about motorcycles, firetrucks, tractors, etc
DS2 and his wiggly, giggly, gassy self
DH who loves the Lord and takes care of all of us
our 6 older parents
a cozy (little) home that's just big enough
the assumed stability of DH's job
ways for me to learn and grow as a woman and a mother
all the medical personnel who have taken care of us these past few years of having 3 children quickly after 35 yo
and so much more

Snow mom
11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
I am thankful:
That DH is a great father and a great partner
That I somehow got the worlds best baby (although I know some of you would argue that, I think it's true...)
That my parents have turned out to be loving and devoted grandparents
That my only brother has found someone who makes him happy and is finally settling down
That we have a roof over our head that is (mainly) ours

JenChem
11-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I was just thinking the other day it's so easy for the weather and darkness of this time of year to get me down and I need to stop more often to remember my blessings.

My wonderful DH who it turns out is the best partner I could have ever asked for both in marriage and parenting.
My beautiful baby boy who has a laugh that makes everything better.
My family who is just now building a strong new generation (3 boys this year and 2 girls due early next year), I can't wait to see all of them at Grandma's this year.
DH's job and a possible job offer for me if I can just get this PhD wrapped up; it's hard for me to even imagine what we'll do with 2 paychecks.

And of course I'm thankful for this thread which reminded me how good life is right now.

kochh2
11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
like Mojo said: and most of all, salvation, forgiveness and a God who will never leave me or forsake me

also: I'm thankful that i am cancer free!!!
for my best friend in all the world for getting me through this year... Beth :)
for my other best friend in the entire universe.... my husband
For my beautiful children
for everyone who has blessed us this year- you know who you are
for our home
for my family's health
that I am alive and well!!

oh, and I'm thankful for chocolate :)

Happy 2B mommy
11-20-2009, 11:05 AM
My DH who loves me and adores our kids.
My funny and bright DD.
My "angel baby" son who smiles ALL the time.
That my father is still alive.
That everyone I love is healthy.
That I lack nothing I truly need.

sunshine873
11-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm thankful for:

My miracle DD who fought all the odds and is now the center of my universe, a bubbling, bouncing joy.

The opportunity to watch DH grow over the years into the most amazing man, husband and now father.

My well-behaved fur-babies who round out our family. They know when it's time to play and when it's time to snuggle.

My health and the ability to fully enjoy all of the gifts I've been given in my life.