PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh, bad reviews for New Moon

Twoboos
11-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Gee, I'm shocked... (not)... and still goin' anyway at some point!! :love-retry:

"Critics Slam New Moon"

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/critics-slam-new-moon-1970218

kransden
11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
So what, I'm going to enjoy the eye candy. ;)

Jacksmommy2b
11-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, I'm not surprised. But, I seriously can't imagine it being anywhere near as horrible as the first one. I may go just to see how bad it gets. ;)

(and for the record I am a big fan of the books!)

tamie
11-20-2009, 04:09 AM
Just got home. I really enjoyed it. The werewolves scared the crap out of me!

It was way better than Twilight. I thought it was a little long, but there is so much going on, I am not sure how they could have shortened it.

Going to see it again on Tuesday so I can hear the parts I missed when the teenagers were screaming. :P

maestramommy
11-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Is anyone surprised? I think New Moon would be hard to translate to movie form. Besides, much as I loved the books, the dialogue is so cheesy. I just don't think I could sit through it without gagging or rolling.

But who cares?? Fans are gonna love it anyway, and that's what matters!

wellyes
11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
I remember seeing a headline last week: "Success of 2012 proves Americans ignore critics".

Truth is, though, that most literary critics would've trashed the book too. And they're not wrong. It's a guilty pleasure, nothing more or less.

I'm still going, but frankly I thank Roger Ebert, Ty Burr, etc for helping set my expectations down low low low.

Melaine
11-20-2009, 09:14 AM
I'm not too worried. I think it will meet my expectations. I'm SURE it will be better than the first (which I still liked, but didn't love by any means) and regardless, it is fun to see a book you like translated to film. I'm not expecting a masterpiece though. And I'm not going this weekend because I'd rather let the hype die down a little.
I'm still super excited to see it.

Seitvonzu
11-20-2009, 09:27 AM
i have a "date" with a girlfriend to see NEW MOON at 10am tomorrow :) we have our tickets and are going to get there about 30 minutes early for good seats :) mostly we just can't wait to have a WHOLE day away from our families (husbands and nearly 23 month olds!)....isn't that terrible? this is our big excuse! we're going to full afternoon tea afterward. i even took advantage of another friend babysitting my child yesterday to go SHOPPING. for a NEW OUTFIT (which mushroomed into a coat, some shoes, and a pocketbook and maybe a few extra shirts/pants/etc). A NEW OUTFIT FOR MY NEW MOON VIEWING -- hahaha !!!!

i can't see how this movie can be worse than the first one. the glittering edward? too much! i just couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. in fact, i need to watch the first movie again so i can try to actually pay attention and not nervously giggle the whole time.

i can't get over the shame i feel for loving twilight. is there a group to help me embrace the love? :) my inner 17 year old loves it, but is insecure ;)

Reyadawnbringer
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
I read the "article" in that link (which was really just a bunch of quotes from other articles) and it seemed to me like ALL the people quoted had never actually bothered to READ the book...

ECMom
11-20-2009, 10:31 AM
So what, I'm going to enjoy the eye candy. ;)

Couldn't agree with you more!