PDA

View Full Version : How long would you wait???

Pennylane
11-19-2009, 10:26 PM
If someone makes tentative plans with you or your dc, how long do you wait before making other plans. For example, a friend of my dd's mom mentioned on Tuesday having my dd over tomorrow night for a sleepover. I said that would work, just let me know. Well here it is Thursday night and I have heard nothing from her confirming any plans and my dd wants to have another friend over tomorrow for a playdate. So, is it rude to make the other plans. I just don't think it is my place to call and say "Hey, we having the sleepover tomorrow?".

WWYD?

Ann

Wife_and_mommy
11-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I'd call her and say I wasn't clear and wanted to confirm tomorrow night before you make other plans. She's probably expecting you if she verbalized the invitation.

KpbS
11-19-2009, 11:01 PM
I agree you shouldn't have to make that call but the reality is that people get busy, recall conversations incorrectly, and just plain forget about plans made. I'd give her a call and let her know that it isn't a problem to "reschedule" for another weekend. Waiting any longer could make the situation a lot more awkward IMO.

ha98ed14
11-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I'd call her and say I wasn't clear and wanted to confirm tomorrow night before you make other plans.

:yeahthat: But I would just say you are "calling to confirm"

JustMe
11-19-2009, 11:57 PM
In your current situation I would call...you have a right to know...I once got really great advice on this issue if you should be in this situation in the future, as I found myself in this situation a lot. When someone says they can only make tentative plans, I respond by saying okay, it will be tentative for me to. I will let you know if I can't make it as well. That way, I am not on hold waiting for an answer. If nothing else comes up, no harm done, but if something does I feel fine about going for it.

Pennylane
11-20-2009, 08:50 AM
I guess I just feel weird about calling. IMHO if she wanted to do it, she would make an effort to get in touch with me. I am such a planner and hate to wait until the last minute to schedule things though.

Ann

JTsMom
11-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I don't think you have anything to feel weird about- call. Some people are just bad about following up (like me :bag).

Wife_and_mommy
11-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I guess I just feel weird about calling. IMHO if she wanted to do it, she would make an effort to get in touch with me. I am such a planner and hate to wait until the last minute to schedule things though.

Ann

This happened to me for DD's 4th birthday. I had a very informal party with just family and 2 best friends so I verbally invited the two friends. One of them didn't verbalize it but she was expecting a formal (paper)invitation and so didn't show. I ended up calling her halfway through the party and was told I hadn't sent an invite. It was awkward to say the least. I'd call in case it's a miscommunication. I would not say I'm making other plans, just that I need to confirm the playdate.