PDA

View Full Version : How long have your kids been out with flu this season?

jess_g
11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
It seams like my kids have been out for a while with the flu. They have been out about 7 school days and will return to school on Monday. I am just wondering how long other kids have been home this flu season? And did they need to make up work when they got back? I am not sure what my sons teachers will do about the work they missed.

Thanks,

Jessica.

MoJo
11-20-2009, 03:19 PM
No BTDT with my own, but when I was in school, and what my friends IRL with kids in school do, is call the school and get the homework now instead of waiting for Monday. Otherwise, there's so much to make up, and it can be difficult to follow along in class if you don't know any of the material they've covered the past several days.

I don't know how old your DC is, but IME this is definitely true from 2nd grade on, and debatable in 1st grade. Preschool or K, probably no worries.

A parent or sibling would usually get the books and a packet of papers from the office that the teacher put together.

If we missed two days and were going to miss more, that's when the schoolwork collection would start.