PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for baby #5

mm123
11-20-2009, 05:23 PM
My brother and SIL just had baby #5, and it's a boy. They already have 2 boys and 2 girls, and tons of 'stuff'. I'm completely stumped for what to get for a gift. Ideas?!! I live far away, so will have to mail something.

p.s. They already have a lot of help for childcare, meal prep and cleaning- helpful grandparents, a part-time nanny, and a 2 days/week cleaning lady.

sunshine873
11-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Something specifically for this baby. Maybe something from Etsy that's personalized with the new baby's name like a lovey or something like that.

shawnandangel
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
What about personalized bath towel for the baby from PBK? I think the towels are so cute but could never convince myself to spend the $$ on a towel. I would have loved one as a gift. Here is a link to the PBK personalized gifts for baby section: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/gift/thm/thmper/thmperbab/?cm_type=gnav

trentsmom
11-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Are they religious? DS1 has this personalized calligraphy piece (http://www.michaelpodesta.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=64), and I love it.

hellokitty
11-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Something personalized for the baby would be great. Or get them a professional portrait GC. Even though they already have hand me down clothes, I've found after having 3 boys in a row, that a lot of the stuff from DS1 and DS2 are pretty beat and I've had to buy new stuff. New clothes wouldn't be a bad thing. Get something size 12 mo and up though (I am really annoyed that with DS3 so many ppl give me 0-3 mo clothes, we got a ton of it for some reason), b/c newborn clothes is outgrown so fast, it usually looks ok even if it's been through lots of kiddos. It's after the baby starts to be mobile that the clothes start to get a lot more wear and tear and eating solids there are a lot of stains that re-appear.

LarsMal
11-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I agree that something personalized would be nice. This is one of my go-to gifts:

http://www.craftefamily.com/babyideas.asp

I think it's nice to have some new outfits for a baby, even if they already have 2 boys. New clothes are always fun.

I had everything I needed when #3 came along, but I did get her a couple new "green" toys- teethers, key ring, lovey, etc. I figured she deserved some "fresh" little toys!

JenaW
11-20-2009, 09:22 PM
My 5th is just a year old, so I have been there. I did get some new outfits for her that were much appreciated. As others said, by the time things have been passed down through a few kids, they can get pretty worn out. It WAS nice to have a few new outfits to put her in. I also got a few "extravagant" personalized things that others mentioned - a minky blankie, and a set of adorable embroidered burp cloths (both made from someone on etsy). Things that I never would have bought myself, but that I really liked when someone else gave them to me. Other VERY much appreciated gifts were things just for me, or for DH and I. A close friend came to visit at the hospital and said since I probably already had everything I needed for the baby she got things for me. She gave me a basket with some bubble bath, a soft jazz CD, a wine glass and bottle of non-alcoholic sparkling juice, some home made cookies, and a GC for a massage. I went when DD was just a few weeks old, and I think that was the BEST massage I have ever had! The entire gift was very thoughtful and very much appreciated. I also got a GC for a favorite restaurant and a sitter for our older kids, so DH and I could got out (with the baby) for a date night. That was awesome too!