PDA

View Full Version : Belly Bands?

LD92599
11-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Is there any one brand that is "better" than others overall? And which B&M stores carry these? They didn't have these around 7 years ago!!

LBW
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Whoa! Congratulations!!! I have no ideas about your question, though!

LMPC
11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
I bought one from target for about $16 -- don't have anything to compare it to, but for the money, I liked it.

Congrats!!

Melbel
11-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Congratulations! With DD2, I loved my Bella band. I took me all the way through my 9th month. I felt so much more fashionable in my pre-pregnancy pants!

LD92599
11-21-2009, 07:32 PM
I grabbed the one I saw in Target today, so we'll see how it fits/feels. I've gained weight as it is and now my clothes are already starting to feel even tighter (now i just have an excuse as to why!).

poppy
11-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I see you bought one. Maybe this is too late but...

Just was going to post that I saw it on babysteals.com twice this past month for half off. I have the bella band and it's helpful.

citymama
11-21-2009, 08:54 PM
I never bought one with #1 and haven't contemplated it the second time around. Are they comfy? Can they only be worn with really long tops/sweaters to cover the band and the top of the pre-pregnancy pants? Not exactly sure how they work...

lizzywednesday
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I never bought one with #1 and haven't contemplated it the second time around. Are they comfy? Can they only be worn with really long tops/sweaters to cover the band and the top of the pre-pregnancy pants? Not exactly sure how they work...

If you care about it showing, then, yes, you can only wear it with a long top or sweater.

Me, I don't give a hoot, so I wear it no matter what.

michellerw
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
I bought a cheap one at Motherhood, early on, and then borrowed three Bella brand bands from a girlfriend. The Bella bands were far superior -- they are thicker, better made, and provide better support as I go further into my pregnancy. At 26 weeks, they are giving me some support as well as helping to hold up the pants that should be given up for the next size at this point.

zag95
11-24-2009, 01:24 AM
I had the Bella band in black-
I liked using it in the following way-
to help hold up the maternity pants-
to help bridge my pre-pregnacy pants - I could unbutton my jeans and wear the bella band over it and hide the fact that it was unbuttoned!
to help cover my belly so that I didn't flash anyone! I found it to serve som many purposes!

After I had my baby, it was helpful to use, especially to give some support to my belly...

I highly recommend it!