PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday vs. Holding Out for Better Deals

bigpassport
11-20-2009, 08:54 PM
As DS is our first...I have a question for the toy shopping experts. Are the sale prices for toys on Black Friday as good as they are going to get before Christmas? Or do you find better prices toward Christmas? I guess there's the risk of items selling out. Should I just git 'r done on Black Friday or hold out for better sales?

lizzywednesday
11-20-2009, 09:07 PM
If you're up for the bloodsport, do Black Friday. The deals are very good, but sometimes they improve closer to Christmas, but if the item is popular, I would get it ASAP.

I usually get annoyed if, later in the season, the item(s) I purchased (and have likely already wrapped!) are selling for less somewhere ... but the early a.m. shopping energizes me and I remind myself that the extra few dollars I spent is worth that peace-of-mind.

Yeah, I'm a nutjob, but it works for me.

bluestar2
11-20-2009, 09:21 PM
but if the item is popular, I would get it ASAP.

Yeah, that. (I have no idea how you get that smiley w/ sign on here).

hellokitty
11-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I thought that the BF sales last yr were disappointing. I feel like so far what I have heard of this yr's BF sales, it sounds like it is going to be disappointing again. I'd prefer to just shop outside of BF and not deal with the craziness, but I am one of those ppl who is usually finisehd Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving, b/c I hate dealing with crowds.