PDA

View Full Version : BuyBuyBaby, OH how I love thee! (look, NC mamas)

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2009, 10:09 PM
We just took our first family trip to the new BBB in Durham a few minutes away. DH kept saying, "If only this store had been here 3.5 years ago, life would have been SO much easier." Instead, we've scoured the web, traversed states, ordered sight unseen, shipped transcontinentally via CL, and such for the very best baby gear to meet our needs. We both hit every section with awe, a little bit happy that all "our" stuff was there, a little bit of sadness that we don't "need" any more baby gear, and a little bit, "cool ___(clothes, stroller, diaper bag) let's have another baby." I reminded him that we do actually have a 5 mo, so we are allowed to buy baby gear without guilt and without having another baby. In the end, we left the store 45 min after bedtime with one at-capacity diaper, one screaming preschooler and one infant fast asleep in the BJCMD.

brittone2
11-20-2009, 10:44 PM
We probably just missed you. :ROTFLMAO:We were there around 8:30 pm I think?

c&j04
11-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I cannot believe I didn't know one was opening closer to home!? I am SO excited, have already checked the store hrs for tomorrow and DH says we are leaving for there absolutely as soon as I get home from work:)
Thank you! Thank you!!

Katigre
11-20-2009, 10:59 PM
We just had one open up in my area and I had a similar reaction my first time through - WOW, all the things I see and hear about online in person!!! I think I petted a few strollers and carseats in sheer awe :blush.

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2009, 11:10 PM
We probably just missed you. :ROTFLMAO:We were there around 8:30 pm I think?

LOL You would have heard DD from both ends of the parking lot, so if you didn't hear her, we were probably already heading south.

What were your thoughts??? Did you buy anything? Want anything? What did DH think, esp. since he's the mega-consignment sale worker, lol?

ETA: I fell into the trap of showing an unsuspecting set of parents-to-be why the BJ City strollers are awesome. I really shouldn't hang out there.
ETAA: Ok, DH was just laughing, "You were totally oblivious, but when you went into stroller-demo mode...well, those people didn't actually speak English.":hysterical:

dukie41181
11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Glad you all are discovering the wonderfulness of the Buy Buy Baby! We have one in my area and I will NEVER shop at BRU again unless absolutely necessary! Don't forget, you can use competitors coupons as well as Bed Bath & Beyond coupons at Buy Buy Baby! Their return policy is great too! :heartbeat:

WatchingThemGrow
11-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, they said coupons that aren't expired, including stuff like Michael's and AC Moore if they carry the same item. Not sure how that will work for Michael's since they stopped carrying Thomas, but...
Do the diaper deals get better than the triple -coupon BRU deals?

amldaley
11-21-2009, 12:38 AM
YEA!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this! With a trip to take a friend to RDU coming up and a trip to UNC Chapel Hill in January, I think I will be able to get a trip to BBB in there somewhere!

How long should we plan for and where should we eat close by?

vonfirmath
11-21-2009, 01:04 AM
We love our Buy Buy Baby and they do seem to have better selection than babies R Us, but they still haven't had what I was looking for the last couple of times I went in there :( (sophia the Giraffe and the P'kolina Puzzle Stacker.)

nupe
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
That's great. I'm jealous.

Melaine
11-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm excited....we just got one about an hour away (where my parents live). I hope to check it out next visit, maybe Black Friday actually.

brittone2
11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
LOL You would have heard DD from both ends of the parking lot, so if you didn't hear her, we were probably already heading south.

What were your thoughts??? Did you buy anything? Want anything? What did DH think, esp. since he's the mega-consignment sale worker, lol?

ETA: I fell into the trap of showing an unsuspecting set of parents-to-be why the BJ City strollers are awesome. I really shouldn't hang out there.
ETAA: Ok, DH was just laughing, "You were totally oblivious, but when you went into stroller-demo mode...well, those people didn't actually speak English.":hysterical:

We were on a major shopping mission (not at Buy Buy Baby...just running a bunch of Christmas shopping related errands) but I insisted we had to pop in there especially since it wasn't busy. I think the grand opening is scheduled for today. Once more people know about it being open I think it will get busier. I am not a fan of BRU in general so it is nice to see an alternative pop up :)

I went to check out the carseats (wanted to look at the Keyfit) and the swings. I need a few things yet but thought I'd just look around at their selection for now. THey definitely have some fun stuff diaper-bag wise, etc and it is nice to see those items IRL :)

It would have been so funny to bump into your family there!! It figures the BBB members would be circling the baby equipment as soon as the store opened...gotta check out the gear!

I have been saving BB&B coupons so I can make some purchases soon.

DH liked it. He isn't a fan of our local BRU so anything is better than that.

HIU8
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
We have one here and it is really nice. The only issue I have is that they don't carry some carseats--safeguard GO, the new radians for example. Also, the sales people (at least in the carseat section) are more knowledgeable than BRU, but less so that folks here.

Oh, here is the really cool thing. BBB does a clothing sale 2x a year where they put their clearance items on clearance. If you hit it right you hit paydirt. I got a brand new london fog winter coat for DS one year for $10 (it was $40). I have gotten pants for $4 a piece also. Oh, and don't forget, they take non-expired Bed Bath and Beyond coupons.

Snow mom
11-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I just went to BBB for the first time yesterday too. They opened a new one in Austin. I had heard rumors that it was coming and was hoping they would put it in the development by the new children's hospital (Mueller) but no such luck. I thought it was way nicer than BRU but still a big box. They let me use two coupons (one for 5 off a 15 toy purchase and one for 20% off a single item, which was not a toy), which I thought was nice since their coupons state pretty clearly that you can only use one. They definitely have a larger selection, especially of nicer brands, than BRU. I'm kind of through buying large baby gear but I'm guessing I'll be making occasional trips with all the BBB coupons I get in the mail.

mom2binsd
11-21-2009, 06:13 PM
It's so weird, here in IL there are only 3 but they are all in about the same area of the Chicago suburbs...why wouldn't they spread them out more????

hellokitty
11-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I just visited BBB for the first time three months ago. It's an hr away, but that was my same reaction. I was sitting there thinking that all of these yrs, I've had to order EVERYTHING online (I live in a hick town where walmart is king), and here is a store with EVERYTHING that I have ordered in the past six yrs... PLUS they take coupons!