PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only impatient one?

DeeEast
11-21-2009, 03:13 AM
Please tell me that I am not the only one who thinks it is an agonizing wait to find out what we are waiting to find out until January.

Imagine hearing the doctor say "We won't know anything for two or three months, but RELAX!"

Our hematologist even told us that our wait is unusual. Of course it is.

Elilly
11-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Umm. No, you're not being impatient. When it comes to the health of a loved one, anything longer than a second is too long to wait. And you've been on a rollercoaster every week with the blood draws hoping that something is going to change.
I'm so sorry that you're going through this. My DS also has health issues, and it took almost a year for the Drs to figure out that he had celiac, food allergies, and metabolic disorder, and an immune deficiency. Meanwhile he wasn't doing well and I was a complete mess. There was no "relaxing". My marriage was being strained and I was not able to be a good mom because I was always thinking... I wonder if this is the last time we're going to celebrate his birthday etc.
Please give yourself permission to ask for help. Whether that be in the form of counseling, prescription anti-anxiety and sleep aids, or asking people keeping you busy so that your mind doesn't wander.
Big hugs coming your way. I'm wishing you peace of mind and quick answers.

MoJo
11-21-2009, 07:16 AM
I think you probably already know this: you're not! Nearly everyone I know who has gone through a medical issue says the time between the realization there is a problem and the actual diagnosis is the hardest.

Part of me wonders if the doctor has ever had to deal with any medical issues in his family; I'm sure it's impossible to "just relax!" But part of me says you have to try to focus on the positive and try to worry less (this coming from one who was identified as a worrier as early as 4th grade). Because your stress isn't going to help anything. You're going to be stressed, but try to live today and enjoy today, because tomorrow has enough worries of its own. (I'm guessing you'll know who I'm paraphrasing there).

I will continue to keep you and your son in my prayers. I hope you can have a thankful Thanksgiving in midst of the uncertainty!

SnuggleBuggles
11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I couldn't even imagining waiting one day! You are not impatient- you are a stressed mom who wants to know what she is facing for her family. (((((((((hugs)))))))))

Beth