PDA

View Full Version : First baby doll

gavsmompa
11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
At what age did you get your child their first baby doll? My DD is 7months old so don't know if that's too early or not but I am thinking it might be cute for the holidays. Do you have suggestions on what to get?

kayte
11-21-2009, 10:17 AM
There are a bazillion threads about this so you can search the archives too.

DD got a Corolle Calin for her first birthday. It has been treasured since day 1 and is loved still (the Calin is about to turn three--- in fact we are in the throws of planning a birthday party for her :) )

The Calin comes very highly recd here as a first doll.

Seitvonzu
11-21-2009, 06:52 PM
i second (thirtyeth it seems in this past month on here...) the CALIN. i worked in a doll store in college and often saw well meaning moms and grandmas jumping the gun on babies that were too big or heavy for their daughters. i bought a bunch of dolls "for future children" when i worked at the doll store, but never a calin. i gave my lucy a madame alexander "huggems" doll for her first birthday and i probalby should have gone straight to the calin. the huggems is smaller and lightweight, but it doesn't have the gentle expression a calin does. it's more "dollyish." go straight to the calin if you want to do a doll, but don't be disappointed if your 7 month old doesn't respond to it right away. my child didn't really get her dolly until about 13-14 months, and it's really taken off more and more since then (she's 23 months now)

Neatfreak
11-21-2009, 07:54 PM
I have to put in a rec for Baby Stella - I like the look of an all-cloth doll!

AbbysMom
11-21-2009, 08:07 PM
My just-turned 1 year old has loved her older sister's Baby Stella for a few months now! I bought her a Calin for Christmas since I know she's a doll fan and I'll be getting her more Stella accessories I think.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I have to put in a rec for Baby Stella - I like the look of an all-cloth doll!

:yeahthat:

firsttimemama
11-21-2009, 09:43 PM
does anyone know of any deals on baby stella?

AbbysMom
11-21-2009, 09:52 PM
They sell them at the B&M Learning Stores. Mine is having a 20% off sale Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.