PDA

View Full Version : BOB owners - Britax ??

laineybix
11-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Long story but suffice it to say we have a Mini Cooper. I'm a runner...after extensive research we decided on a snap n go, plus a Bob and a carseat for now. The list I had from Bob indicated the Graco SnugRide, some Peg Perego Prima V's and the Britax Companion would work with the carseat adapter.

The SnugRide kind of fit in the Mini, the SnugRide 32 was too big, but the Chaperone fit perfectly. (The Companion has been DC'd.) Side impact, can't flip, very happy.

We registered for it and some other items....thought we were fine.

My curiosity and attention to detail nature got the best of me and I started searching online for the Chaperone and the Bob. According to the Bob website, they're not compatible with the infant car seat adapter.

Did a little more digging and some people say that while it doesn't fit into the infant adapter as well as the Companion, it does work.

Has anyone tried it? Feedback? Suggestions?

If not, what about alternatives?

TIA!!!

zag95
11-21-2009, 07:00 PM
If you've got a snap n go- you may not need the adaptor- if the carseat fits in the Cooper, and you like it- then just use the snap and go- our daughter moved to a convertible around 7 mos- she didn't outgrow it- but was ready to be in a more comfortable seat, etc. She was much happier to be out of her bucket infant seat! That said, we didn't use the snap and go very long, but it was good to have to clip in. Maybe until your child is ready to ride in the BOB you could wear them, and then just put them in the BOB, with something, like a snuzzler for support.

You may want to be looking at RF convertible car seats as well-

GL!

GraceH
11-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Since you're not supposed to jog with the car seat attachment, I would stick to using the snap&go... or, instead of a snap&go, you could get a lightweight compact stroller that takes a car seat (such as the Peg Perego Si), then you'll have a 'trunk-dwelling' stroller for errands.

babychi
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Since you're not supposed to jog with the car seat attachment, I would stick to using the snap&go... or, instead of a snap&go, you could get a lightweight compact stroller that takes a car seat (such as the Peg Perego Si), then you'll have a 'trunk-dwelling' stroller for errands.

:yeahthat:

This is what we are doing...we love our BOB but weren't thrilled with the list of "approved" car seats for the adapter. We use a Chicco KeyFit with a Maclaren Easy Traveller frame for now, which works perfectly. The BOB will be used when our little one is a few months old for walks, then around one of age for jogging (which is the minimum age most pediatricians recommend).

I honestly would find the car seat you like best and try not to worry about making it work with the stroller. Safety, ease of installation, etc. are all so much more important. Good luck! :)