PDA

View Full Version : Zipper sheets?

Sidney
11-21-2009, 03:09 PM
I think there are a few different zipper sheet brands, right? I am interested in this type of sheet, but am not sure which is more highly recommended.

Thoughts? Thanks!

poppy
11-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I have the one from Clouds and Stars. I like them a lot.
I actually have 2 sets I never used b/c the first set I bought was enough.

I got them from Great Beginnings and used a 10% code that's still active--I am pretty sure it was GBBABY.

Sidney
11-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Great, thanks! I was thinking of getting one starter set and one extra top sheet.

Vetchic
12-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I have the one from Clouds and Stars. I like them a lot.
I actually have 2 sets I never used b/c the first set I bought was enough.

I got them from Great Beginnings and used a 10% code that's still active--I am pretty sure it was GBBABY.

I also have the zip sheets from here. They are FANTASTIC ( much better than the ultimate crib sheet). I have twins with bad reflux so I change a lot of sheets!

sansdieu
12-06-2009, 12:19 PM
My 2 cents' worth...

The Ultimate Crib Sheet (UCS) is not worth the money (you can search for it in the forums, and you'll see lots of dissatisfied opinions, including mine; I just don't want to retype it all over again).

Clouds and Stars... Better, but far from perfect (still looking for perfect).

What I like about it:

* easy to change sheet in the middle of the night
* untreated cotton (see "what I don't like" section, below)

What I don't like about it:
* changing the bottom part is a royal PITA. It hasn't held up so well in the wash (in my super-gentle front-loader and dryer set on low) and stretching it over the bottom of the mattress is a Herculean task. They could have done a better job with the elastic panels, or, perhaps, offered an all-around elastic. Then, when you are finally done stretching it, the top part doesn't fit evenly, and there are peaks and valleys. True, you don't need to change it as often as the top part, but you still need to try to change it at least weekly (dead skin cells, dust mites, allergens, etc.), and I dread that part
* The zipper part isn't well thought out. The zipper is supposed to align perfectly and slide right underneath, but it doesn't really happen (especially after a few washes, see part just above). So there is a good chance your very active child will place his/her head right on top of the zipper -- NOT pleasant. Or, s/he will start playing with it. BTW, once you got the zipper in, good luck trying to get it out w/o breaking your fingernail.
* mattress pad - can't use the regular ones. And I haven't found a flat mattress pad that won't bunch up (nothing is holding it up and it's simply sitting atop a slippery mattress)
* untreated cotton -- nice, but unless you plan to iron those sheets, it looks horrible. The section that's suppose to cover the zip never truly does; it tends to stick out (or up). Still, I prefer cotton untreated with chemicals to cotton that's looking pretty, so that's not a huge disadvantage IMHO.
* finally, the potential for addiction. I kid you NOT! DD is simply addicted to those hanging "corner" pieces, and I had to buy a whole other set (another $60, thank you) for her crib at my mom's because she couldn't sleep on a sheet without those. She's ok for naps at daycare, but when we traveled somewhere for a week, and she slept in a big kid bed, I had to sew the Clouds and Stars sheet onto a regular twin-size sheet, just so she would have her "corners" to hang onto.

As you can see, there are more disadvantages -- yet, I still use because I haven't found anything better. My crib mattress fits very snugly into my crib, so regular sheets are out of the question (it takes 2 people swearing like sailors to get the mattress out).

a2mom
01-09-2010, 07:19 PM
We have the Clouds & Stars brand zipper sheets and LOVE them! We've used them for 19 months now and they've been a breeze to deal with! We just put a regular, flat waterproof crib-size mattress pad underneath them and have had no problems with bunching (maybe our mattress is really thick b/c the sheets fit very snugly). We have 2 bottoms and 4 tops, which has worked quite well.

maylips
01-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Another vote for Cloud and Stars. I didn't need the extra sheets for DD but have really been glad to have them for DS (they used the same sheets) because of his frequent spitting up. SO glad to not have to change the entire sheet all the time!

LoveBeingMrs
01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I wish they made them for King-size beds as well.. it's such a pain to lift our heavy mattress to change the sheets!!! Does anyone know if there are zipper sheets (or something similar) for King beds? :tongue5:

lvhkitty
03-07-2010, 01:00 AM
They are fantastic. My mattress is super light so changing them isn't an issue. They do wrinkle pretty badly but who really cares.

audys
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi, I'm only aware of the Quick zips sheets and LOVE them. Used them with my 6 year old and I'm using them again with my 6 month old. I recently discovered that Amazon sells them now too:

http://www.amazon.com/QuickZip-QZC-227-Sheet-Set-White/dp/B000RJ9TCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1267971023&sr=8-1