PDA

View Full Version : reviews of the newer Avent PP natural feeding bottles?

Lmans77
11-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I've read a lot of reviews online, but many times I can't be sure whether the reviewer is talking about the newer Avent polypropelene (PP) bpa free bottle, or the older PES bpa free bottle. I know the PES bottles had tons of trouble with leaks, but I'm not sure about the new PP ones. Some reviews say the new PP do not leak, but others claim otherwise.

Anyone here have experience? I had the old polycarbonate Avents and we loved them. I am trying to decide between those or Breastflows for the new baby. Granted, I am not going to buy a whole new system before I know what baby #2 will like, but just trying to get some ideas.

catsnkid
11-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I looked at them in the store and they looked like they wouldn't dry as well in the dishwasher, so I bypassed them.

TwinMama2B
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
We just recently invested in the newer Avent PP bottles and have had no leaking issues whatsoever. I think the extra little piece that fits around the top of the bottle does the trick.

With our DDs we started with the honey-colored BPA-free bottles, which didn't leak so much while feeding, but leaked HORRIBLY during transport. Case in point, an ENTIRE bottle of breastmilk emptied in the diaper bag on the way to daycare two weeks ago and after that I switched.

We're traveling this week for the holiday so we'll see if the newer PP bottles continue to be leak-free, but so far so good.