PDA

View Full Version : High chair suggestions?

ssand23
11-21-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm looking specifically for one that has a seat that reclines, folds up & something easy to clean. I do not want one that sits on a chair.
Thank you!

czekit7
11-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Me too...like the Fisher Price Healthy Care High Chair, BUT really don't like the rainforest design. Any other suggestions?? Cleanliness is definitely an necessity.

Jenn

ZeeBaby
11-22-2009, 10:38 PM
We really like our Chicco high chair

drako
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
We also have and like the Chicco high chair. It folds up nicely, reclines and is easy to clean. We have the Chicco Polly Discovery (which is the color). I like that is a nice green, neutral and not gender specific.

neeleymartin
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
i don't care that much for the chicco polly. aside from the cute fabric (we got carnivale, i think it's called) not better than other cheaper models imo.

has the recline that you want.

the tray is huge. dishwasher safe, if you have an industrial dishwasher that's great. i have a standard. does NOT fit.

the tray again. it has a seam that runs around the entire edge of the tray. food is constantly jammed in there. PITA!! you need to scrub and use a toothpick to dislodge it.

the tray again, pain to put on. have to get EXACTLY the right angle. ugh!!! by the time i get the second side lined up, ds has dislodged the first with his crazy kicks.

i will say that i love that the tray stores on the back. but this thing takes up a ton of room. the fold is apparently one of the slimmest, but i totally don't see it.

wheels on the legs, great.

pretty sure even the craziest escape artist baby could not escape the 5pt harness.

with all that said, can't wait to ditch this thing and use my p&t meToo. i think i just hate traditional highchairs, but they are inevitable. hth

drako
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM
I thought the tray was hard to put on at first but you need to look to make sure the little pegs are lining up in the slot. I get it on in matter of seconds. I like that there are removable plastic trays that fit in my standard dishwasher. No, the actual tray will not but I just wipe that down. I haven't had a problem with food getting caught in the seam but DD is only 9 months old so maybe she isn't a sloppy eater yet. The tray size doesn't bother me and DD is small.I can't compare it to any other chairs but so far we are happy with it. There are probably others that are cheaper and just as good.

KarenLud
11-23-2009, 01:05 AM
We also have and like the Chicco high chair. It folds up nicely, reclines and is easy to clean. We have the Chicco Polly Discovery (which is the color). I like that is a nice green, neutral and not gender specific.

:yeahthat: Although I have been having issues getting the tray on so most of the time we don't even use it. But I'm going to try the suggestion of a PP about making sure the pegs are lined up.

lhafer
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
I have the fisher price aquarium highchair (http://www.albeebaby.com/fipr20hecaaq.html) and loved it!! It reclined, tray was easy to wash, fabric was easy to clean. My daughter enjoyed being in her highchair. It had 7 (I think( settings to lower/rise the chair to meet the table if desired. 5 pt harness. But the way the legs work with the thing in between, she would have had to really really struggle to be able to get out if not strapped in. It has toys that attach to the highchair that are removable for easy cleaning. It also has an aquarium toy that your child can play with while waiting for dinner. It can hang on the back of the highchair once the food arrives.

The issue is that this is an older model. Not sure if you can find this model in stores. Here is one that has a pictures of the other toy I was talking about:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bab/1478273895.html

ZeeBaby
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I agree about the pegs needing to be lined up. Once you do that the tray works extremely well.

amandabea
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
We had the Chicco Polly , which technically meets all of your criteria. However, I was not sad when I sold it almost new for 50% of what I paid and got the Stokke Tripp Trapp -- by far the BEST baby gear item we ever bought. It just slides right up to the table and is never in the way. It cleans up perfectly and will last for years to come.

ssand23
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
For my older kids, we had a Peg Perego Prima Pappa high chair. I liked it, no problems but they're like twice the price now. I was checking out the Chicco high chairs & am kind of leaning in that direction.

I was checking out the Fisher Price high chairs in BRU. Is the seat fabric really that easy to clean? Sorry to be gross but all my kids had digestive/allergy issues where they threw up a lot (in addition to the usual meal time mess) so there's a pretty good chance the new baby could as well. I wasn't sure how clean I could get the Fisher Price fabric seats.

ThreeofUs
11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Get one with a pad under the seat cover. Really makes a difference.

I have a good one, but I really wish I had gotten a prima pappa. IME they just work better over the long term.

staceyeileen
11-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Anyone have the Graco Blossom?

arivecchi
11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Our Chicco Polly is still going strong with DS2 after almost 3 years of use.

AnnieW625
11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I am a big fan of high chairs that look like furniture so we have a classic wooden high chair (gift to us from my parents), and then we upgraded that to a Stokke Tripp Trapp last spring. We are really happy with our Tripp Trapp and if my parents hadn't found the classic high chair we would've bought either the Tripp Trapp or the Svan (however I do like how the Svan has a tray so I most likely would've gone that route). I love that the Tripp Trapp grows with the child (as does the Svan). We didn't get ours until DD was almost 3 and I have heard of kids complaining if it's their high chair too and claiming the seat is only for babies, but honestly for $275 (when not on sale; you can find them on sale; we got ours through Gap's Give and Get Give 30% off promo last Spring) plus the cost of the covers and such it's not that much to invest in a piece of timeless furniture.
Stokke, http://www.stokke-highchair.com/en-us/tripp-trapp-highchair.aspx
Svan, http://www.svanusa.com/svanchair.cfm