PDA

View Full Version : How many Amazon or other boxes are sitting in your home?

alien_host
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I was vacuuming and realized I have 12+ Amazon and other assorted boxes (some not even opened) in my dining room. They will were delivered in the past two weeks. Those Amazon smiles are starting to freak me out!

4-5 Amazon boxes, Hautelook, Garnet Hill, Zoya, Gap, 2 Usborne boxes, Hanna....it's a bit ridiculous!

hellokitty
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty bad too, esp if you count shopping bags lying around. I have 2 days to clean up all of my crap before guests show up for the holidays! Eeek!

WatchingThemGrow
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Britax, 2 smiling boxes, 2-on-the-way-out packages, plus ALL the yardsale leftovers that I need to triage. Ugh. Better go knock some out.

ett
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I've actually been doing pretty well lately and have been opening my packages and putting the stuff away. At other times, I've definitely had up to 10 boxes lying around waiting to be opened.

lizzywednesday
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
All mine have been opened, but I have a ton of mail-order boxes in the house right now ... Mom sent me 6 prenatal yoga videos over the summer while I was planning my sister's baby shower (for which I ordered invites online), I ordered my new winter "dress coat" from Land's End a month or so ago, DH's birthday was this past Friday and I just received my 2010 Day Timer starter kit courtesy of Mom.

I don't like to recycle the boxes until I've peeled off the address labels. We have a lot of cleaning to do this week!

elliput
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
I have to stash all delivered packages out of sight or else DD will throw a fit over opening them. The two which were just delivered Friday had to be stuck in the hall closet (where the vacuum lives- DD's nemesis) to keep her from insisting they be opened right away. Both contain Christmas gifts for her.

JTsMom
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
None- I have to rip everything open the second it arrives!

Radosti
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Mine are put away, but you should see how many times a month we take a drive over to the cardboard recycling center to dump off amazon boxes. We used to throw them out, but both of us eventually felt that it was a huge waste considering what Amazon Prime did to my shopping abilities.

JBaxter
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Well ... Amazon or Kohls I keep them in the boxes for now

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM

:yeahthat:

m448
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
None. We truly don't do anything big for the holidays. We don't buy for family members other than their birthdays since everyone is out of town. We buy one or two gifts for each child and DH and I rarely exchange gifts unless we want to surprise the other with something special.

jgenie
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM

:yeahthat: I'm the same way!!!

hillview
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
None so far -- I am slacking this year. Not going to do a HUGE gig like last year.
/hillary

KrisM
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Full? Maybe 5 or 6.

Empty? A few hundred :).

pastrygirl
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
It's usually pretty bad here, but my husband just took the recycling a few days ago. We're down to 6 or so boxes.

neeleymartin
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
if you asked me just hours ago, i would have said at least 7. all from amazon. i swear, i keep them in business.

these had accumulated during the week. i hate shopping in stores. i buy most everything online, groceries included.

neeleymartin
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM

oh...i do this. but them the item sits in the open box for days on end.

gobadgers
11-22-2009, 10:43 PM
oh...i do this. but them the item sits in the open box for days on end.

This is me too :-) I voted 1-3 boxes, but if we counted full shopping bags I'd be off the charts right now.

rupptopia
11-23-2009, 12:30 AM
I voted 7-9, but my husband laughed when I told him and went to count! He thought it would be more. I was right, 7 boxes of various gifts & some picture frames I have ordered. It's all amazon & exposures around here.

MontrealMum
11-23-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm not voting and I don't want to talk about it :duck: or maybe this :bag

mommyp
11-23-2009, 01:53 AM
We had a few, but they are opened and (most) stuff put away. We're down to the 1 box that DD took over as a play box since it was so big! It's currently got all her stuffed animals in it in the living room and is being used for all kinds of fun.

Jo..
11-23-2009, 02:09 AM
I rip them open and throw out the boxes as soon as they come. That way the new stuff blends in with the old stuff, and DH never notices how much I shop. :wink2:

Plus, I am an organization freak, and boxes in my house would drive me CRAZY.

MoJo
11-23-2009, 07:32 AM
I didn't vote.

There are no UNOPENED boxes here. But since we're in the middle of rearranging our house, there are easily 7-9 boxes of stuff in the living room right now. And we're at the height of eBay season, so there are dozens of empty boxes to be used for shipping out in the front room.

There are several opened boxes and shopping bags with gifts that have arrived, but those are in the basement where DD and DH won't look.

Clearing out the living room is my project for this week, because I'd love to put our Christmas tree in the front window for the first time ever this coming weekend!

alien_host
12-04-2009, 06:23 PM
OK, they are still piling up over here! I must get everything moved to the basement ASAP!

And the ups man just rang the bell b/c he had two packages and didn't recognize the other name (it was the former owner) and wanted to double check with me. You know it's bad when the UPS guy knows exactly who you are!

kayte
12-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I need an option for "I have none at my house but have been sending them to the inlaws like crazy!"

We are spending the holidays there.. so all of my boxes have been shipped to them... I am a little concerned how many there might actually be there.

alexsmommy
12-04-2009, 07:05 PM
My DSD is old enough and wise enough to snoop so everything stays in the orginal packaging until I can open it up and immediately wrap it.
I have very clear memories of trying to find the Christmas presents. To this DAY my parents won't tell me where they stashed them! They think it's hilarious that I never found them with all those years of looking.
I may really push them this year because I lost my two best places to stash gifts (car trunk, now have a mini-van and the "scary" part of our unfinished basement, which is now finished).

Seitvonzu
12-04-2009, 08:54 PM
elliput-- this might be a good reason to keep my child afraid of the vacuum-- so i can hide the christmas gifts in the future! she is just 23 months now, but already likes to insist i open packages...she always assumes packages are for HER. (and they usually have) i put 4-6 packages, but that's just because some of the boxes are being sent to my mom. i'm also a bag lady--it's SO embarrassing. i finally got fed up today and organized a little, but it's still pretty embarassing...at least the boxes/bags are inventoried now and don't threaten to fall on my little lucy's HEAD :(

Seitvonzu
12-04-2009, 08:58 PM
neely-- that is SO totally me. i check everything as soon as it comes, but it sits in boxes FOREVER. until it starts to threaten my child -- seriously!!! she's really good about not going into boxes, but not because she isn't curious-- i think somehow she knows it could be DANGEROUS !!! oh my. the . shame.

nellonello
12-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Just counted 38 boxes in my garage. Opening and wrapping on the agenda for the weekend.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
12-04-2009, 09:19 PM
none, our goose is not fat this year. Oh the repercussions of putting a house on the market. Maybe we'll get lucky and the person coming to look at it tomorrow will love it. Cross your fingers. The kids each have 2 gifts right now and there is money for a little more and little gifts for their cousins. Just enough for eveyone to be happy and have a christmas ham dinner.

I've always wanted to get the children lots of stuff because we did when I was a child. This year is different and I think that as long as they get what they asked for they'll be happy. dd wants dogz or catz for her ds and ds wants hot wheels cars. Neither have asked for anything else.

They're really such great kids.

BeachBum
12-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I've got 8 sitting around right now...But last year I was on bed rest and couldn't get to the door. My husband came home to find 12 at the front door! He was horrified! :)

jent
12-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Now I'm feeling better about this... a few days ago, when the UPS guy rang the doorbell *again* at dinner, DH gave me a *look*. And two more packages have arrived since then.

I'm good though... since we have a small house, all are stashed in the upstairs closet or basement. Except for the one that arrived tonight. :wink2:

gatorsmom
12-04-2009, 11:45 PM
We have 9 sitting around. I did most of my shopping online this year. Mostly they are Amazon but there are some Leapfrog.com boxes and hautelook too.

The kids are used to seeing boxes because DH gets them for work alot so they haven't been asking what's in them. I'll keep them closed until I'm ready to wrap them because if I open them, the boys will want to see what's in them for sure and find all their presents!